Making big things happen
On our Placement Scheme, join a well-respected team that has a strong reputation in the engineering industry. You'll be part of something big, enjoying all-level support from line managers to senior leaders. We also want you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Find out how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about Diversity & Inclusion, including our recent pledges for Women's Equality, how we're Disability Confident and an Inclusive Employer.
With Atkins, you'll be in great company.
We’re looking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive individual to support our Business Development Win Work Team within the Transportation division. The Win Work Team is made up of 25 individuals based across the UK and provides a centralised bidding support function to the Transportation business. The team works on large scale bids for transportation projects and is responsible for securing lucrative work for the business.
The role will be based in Warrington or Birmingham but will involve some UK travel. You will have a direct line report to a Warrington based Proposal Manager.
Key duties include:
- Assisting the Win Work Team in monitoring and maintaining the bid pipeline to track longer-term business opportunities in key client and market sectors so that team can respond accordingly
- Assisting bid managers in preparing must-win bid submissions from pre-qualification questionnaires through to preparing tender documents. Bid work involves close working with colleagues from across the business, including senior staff and directors, which requires excellent communication skills
- Oversee elements of the knowledge management process including collecting and maintaining up-to-date project case studies, exemplar answers, client references and testimonials
- Co-ordinating, maintaining and updating a portfolio of current bidding material stored on a MS SharePoint site
- Create and understand business reports in PowerBI to assist Market Directors
Where you could work
Industrial year locations: Birmingham, Warrington
Degree requirements: On track to achieve a minimum 2.1 Bachelor’s or 2.2 Master’s degree in a business, social sciences or marketing related qualification
Our Transportation business covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support. We’re one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancies engaged in numerous high-profile projects for clients in both the public and private sector. As a Business Development placement student, you’d be joining the Win Work Team, which is responsible for building long-term trusted partnerships to help create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of new and exciting ideas. We have a vision to shape the future of transportation, to lead where others follow and to deliver the future of mobility today. Our Transportation Division covers all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to options appraisal through to detailed scheme design and delivery support.
What you can bring
- An understanding of the consultancy environment
- Enthusiasm to drive your own career development, as well as motivation for self-directed learning
- An interest and ability to adapt to the changing world, new technology and being open to flexible and agile ways of working
- A desire to develop relationship building skills with clients and internal stakeholders
- Confidence to work on your own initiative as well as being part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to adapt communication style to liaise with colleagues of varying levels of seniority
- A highly organised approach and the ability to manage time and juggle multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- An eagerness to learn and a proactive attitude to suggesting potential opportunities for improvements
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to producing high quality work
- Computer literacy - a good knowledge of MS Office packages is essential
- Good numerical/analytical skills and competence in to presenting a reasoned argument
- The ability to act in a professional manner regarding commercially sensitive information
Meeting your needs
We've created a rewards package to fit around your study, career and personal needs. Enjoy benefits such as flexible holidays, tailored career development and a strong support network. Each year, our top performing placement students (who’ve done at least 8 weeks on placement with us) have the opportunity to be nominated onto our Graduate Development Programme.
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply Now" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us.
Our deadline for applications is Friday 11th December 2020. Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years' design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll join a team of people who ask questions, who dare to see things differently and want to build a better world.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!