Innovation on the cutting edge
On our Graduate Development Programme, join a well-respected team that has a strong reputation in the engineering industry. You'll be part of something big, enjoying all-level support from line managers to senior leaders. We also want you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Find out how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about Diversity & Inclusion, including our recent pledges for Women's Equality, how we're Disability Confident and an Inclusive Employer.
With Atkins, you'll be in great company.
Become one of our communications team's rising innovators who are making a sustainable impact in mission-critical industries. Hone your skills on emerging technologies with clients, including Heathrow Airport, Transport for London and Transport Scotland. In your role, design, and develop an exciting variety of electronic communications systems and data networks. Be responsible for any aspect of a telecommunications system, from understanding what users need to managing installations and creating more cyber secure networks.
Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T)
Degree Requirements: Minimum 2.1 Bachelors or above in Communications / Telecommunications, Electrical, Electronic Engineering, ICT.
Working as an Atkins Graduate within the communication and networks team, you will be involved in the design and development of a wide variety of electronic communications systems and data networks. You could be responsible for any aspect of a developing telecommunications system, from the analysis of user requirements through to managing installation contracts.
You’ll be exposed to every aspect of engineering within electronic communications systems; from infrastructure (e.g. optical cable networks and radio) through to the configuration of complex data networks and design of Data Centres. You’ll find yourself working on;
- Systems for a new airport or hotel, university or defence installation
- Developing the next-generation broadband networks including the advancement of 5G
- Working on complex telecommunications and IT networks supporting the defence and nuclear markets for the MOD, EDF and Sellafield
- Providing technical advice for transportation and aviation on Wireless/radio and WirelessLAN for clients such as Heathrow Airport, TFL and Transport Scotland
- Information security – We understand and implement the procedures and processes to deliver IT systems in some of the highest security environments for confidential clients
Locations for this business area will include; Scotland, London & South East;
What you can bring
- A passion for, and understanding of, a consultancy environment
- Determination to drive your own career development and a motivation to learn
- Be curious in your thinking and apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- Drive and determination to achieve professional accreditation
- An ability to adapt to the changing world of work, embracing new technology and agile ways of working
- Ability to demonstrate relationship building skills which you’ll use with clients and internal stakeholders
- Confidence to work on your own initiative as well as being part of a multidisciplinary team
Meeting your needs
We've created a rewards package to fit around your study, career and personal needs. Enjoy benefits such as flexible holidays, a pension plan, tailored career development and a strong support network. All of our graduates receive a £2,500 settling in payment on joining and a further £2,500 upon achieving professional accreditation. Read about our Total Rewards.
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply Now" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on 0121 483 5089.
Our deadline for applications is Friday 11th December 2020. Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years' design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll join a team of people who ask questions, who dare to see things differently and want to build a better world.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!