As a graduate consultant on our prestigious 3-year programme you will help to support and deliver the technical aspects of a variety of multidisciplinary designs across a range of challenging and exciting projects in the UK and internationally. We operate across a range of markets including Cities & Development, Energy, Environment & Geoscience, Transportation and Water.
As transport infrastructure experience’s unprecedented investment, join us in Intelligent Mobility and Smart Technologies (IMST) and help us to shape the future of transport. We are a growing practice of around 100 engineers, consultants and technical specialists, working with emerging technologies to push the boundaries and drive innovation. Our projects range from driverless cars, data exploitation, and transport technologies, to roads of the future, change programmes and urban / inter-urban traffic management. Our team need to look at challenges very differently to connect people and place and this requires a huge variety of skills and capabilities. Providing simple solutions to complex problems, it’s an exciting journey and you can play a lead role.
We have a growing range of clients, and we need many different skills and capabilities to deliver projects for them. We believe that diversity is the key to success and makes us stand out from the crowd, and therefore are searching for graduates with a variety of degree types and backgrounds to join our team.
Big thinkers. Inspiring designs. We’re a world-leading consultancy offering an experience like no other. With the Atkins Graduate Development Programme, you’re in great company.
Where could I work?
As a recent graduate you could find yourself in one of the following locations;
Locations: Birmingham, Bristol, Epsom, London, Manchester
Degree requirements: 2.1 bachelors or 2.2 Master’s degree across a wide variety of degree disciplines such as:
- Engineering – Civil, Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic, Telecommunications, Systems Engineering
- Planning – Transport Planning
- Psychology – Behavioural/Organisational
- Humanities – English, Politics, Business Management and Social Sciences
- Sciences, Maths and others – Physics, Computer Science, Geography, Maths, Environmental Science, Economics and GIS
Or for postgraduate students disciplines of interest include, but are not limited to: Behavioural/organisational psychology (MSc), Transport management, Air transport management, Logistics (MSc), Ergonomics (MSc), Smart cities, (MSc), Digital technologies (MSc), Intelligent vehicles (MSc), Risk management (MSc)
In our team, you will have a role in delivering the technology systems that manage and optimise tomorrow’s transport infrastructure, driving innovative projects from adaptive traffic signals and smart motorways to control centres and real-time passenger information. There is also the opportunity to design proof of concepts and run trials to test what the future of travel will look like. You might have heard of projects called Flourish and Venturer - these are real examples of putting early design driverless cars to the test and tackling the real questions around public acceptance, safety, insurance and end-user experience.
- Developing our technical offerings and capabilities for IMST-related services
- Supporting client engagement on new transport technologies, such as intelligent infrastructure, integrated platforms, traffic management systems and multi-modal journey planning
- Contributing to new value propositions and testing existing propositions
- Growing skills in technical or project / programme management delivery roles, working with a multi-disciplinary team to deliver a project to time and budget
- Contributing to business development activities, including bidding for new projects with clients
- Developing user requirements through discussion with clients, other stakeholders and the project team
- Writing technical notes and project reports for clients
- Preparing documents and drawings in accordance with client and Atkins’ requirements
What are we looking for?
- Passion and understanding for working in a consultancy environment, with the ability to work with clients and internal stakeholders
- Drive and determination to achieve professional accreditation
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, with the confidence to work on your own initiative or as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- An interest in developing digital and technology-based solutions
- A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad
How do I apply?
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunities employer we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities. For further details on our recruitment process, please refer to our website.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on 0121 483 5089
Our deadline for applications is Monday 6th January 2020. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!