As a Graduate Naval Architect on our prestigious 3-year programme you will help to support and deliver the technical aspects of a variety of engineering and multidisciplinary designs across a range of challenging and exciting projects in the UK and internationally.
Whether it’s the design of fixed and floating offshore structures, terminals, refineries, petrochemical plants and subsea pipelines, you’ll help us to deliver outstanding projects that respond to the needs and resources of a contemporary world. Whatever your ambitions we’ve a role to match your passion and degree, while our training will help you achieve Chartered status and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
Brilliant minds. World-changing ideas. We’re one of the world’s most prestigious consultancies. With the Atkins Graduate Development Programme, you’re in great company.
Where could I work?
As a recent graduate you would work at our London office.
Degree requirements: Minimum 2.2 Master’s/MEng degree in Naval Architecture or Ship Sciences.
We’re looking for the next generation of engineers to join our Naval Architecture team in London. The Naval Architecture team typically work on tasks throughout the product lifecycle covering aspects including, concept design, detail design, fabrication support, in-operation integrity management and decommissioning. Some of our typical clients include; BP, Shell, Repsol, Equinor and E.ON. With the support of the London team you could find yourself doing some of the following tasks:
- Design and analysis of floating and fixed offshore structures including- FPSO/FLNG vessels, semi-submersibles, floating offshore wind turbines, fixed offshore wind turbines.
- Analysis of vessels and offshore structures using techniques including - hydrodynamic analysis, mooring analysis, stability analysis, structural assessments.
- Learning to use tools such as Ansys AQWA, DNV SESAM, Simulia Abaqus, MathCAD, and Python.
As part of the Naval Architecture team you will be supported in your graduate development as you move toward becoming a chartered engineer by a team with experience of initial professional development with the Royal Institution of Naval Architects. This will fit alongside the wider Atkins graduate training and development programme, accredited by RINA.
What are we looking for?
- Passion and understanding for working in a consultancy environment, with the ability to work with clients and internal stakeholders
- Drive to achieve Chartered status
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, with the confidence to work on your own initiative or as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- An interest in developing digital and technology-based solutions
- A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad
How do I apply?
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunities employer we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities. For further details on our recruitment process, please refer to our website.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on 0121 483 5089 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our deadline for applications is Monday 6th January 2020. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!