Transform our urban legacy
Are you ready to be part of a well-respected team with a solid reputation in the engineering industry? Join our Graduate Development Programme – you'll be trusted with complex work and receive all levels of support from line managers to senior leaders.
While you grow in areas that excite you, we also encourage you to maintain a positive work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Speak to us about how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about some of our recent pledges for Women's Equality and how we're Disability Confident and an Inclusive Employer.
With Atkins, you'll be in great company.
Join us as a Graduate Naval Architect and you will help to support and deliver the technical aspects of a variety of engineering and multidisciplinary designs across a range of challenging and exciting projects in the UK and internationally.
Whether it’s the design of fixed and floating offshore structures, terminals, refineries, petrochemical plants and subsea pipelines, you’ll help us to deliver outstanding projects that respond to the needs and resources of a contemporary world. Whatever your ambitions we’ve a role to match your passion and degree, while our training will help you achieve Chartered status and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
Where you’ll work
As a recent graduate you would work in our London office.
Degree requirements: Minimum 2.2 Master’s/MEng degree in Naval Architecture or Ship Science.
We’re looking for the next generation of engineers to join our Naval Architecture team in London. The Naval Architecture team typically work on tasks throughout the product lifecycle covering aspects including, concept design, detail design, fabrication support, in-operation integrity management and decommissioning. Some of our typical clients include; BP, Shell, Repsol, Equinor, Innogy and Vattenfall.
With the support of the London team you could find yourself doing some of the following tasks:
- Design and analysis of floating and fixed offshore structures including- fixed and floating offshore wind turbines, semi-submersibles, FPSO/FLNG vessels.
- Analysis of vessels and offshore structures using techniques including - hydrodynamic analysis, mooring analysis, stability analysis, transportation analysis, structural assessments.
- Learning to use tools such as Ansys AQWA, DNV SESAM, Simulia Abaqus, Orcina Orcaflex, MathCAD, and Python.
As part of the Naval Architecture team you will be supported in your graduate development as you move toward becoming a chartered engineer by a team with experience of professional development with the Royal Institution of Naval Architects. This will fit alongside the wider Atkins graduate training and development programme, accredited by RINA.
What you can bring
- A passion for, and understanding of, a consultancy environment
- Enthusiasm to drive your own career development and a motivation to learn
- Be curious in your thinking and apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- Drive and determination to achieve professional accreditation
- An ability to adapt to the changing world of work, embracing new technology and agile ways of working
- Ability to demonstrate relationship building skills which you’ll use with clients and internal stakeholders
- Confidence to work on your own initiative as well as being part of a multidisciplinary team
Meeting your needs
We've created a rewards package to fit around your study, career and personal needs. Enjoy benefits such as flexible holidays, a pension plan, tailored career development and a strong support network. All of our graduates receive a £2,500 settling in payment on joining and a further £2,500 upon achieving professional accreditation.
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply Now" to start your application journey.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on 0121 483 5089.
Our deadline for applications is Friday 11th December 2020. Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early because of this. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years' design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll join a team of people who ask questions, who dare to see things differently and want to build a better world.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!