As a Graduate Physical Security consultant on our prestigious 3-year programme you will play a pivotal role across a range of challenging and exciting projects in the private and public sectors. Our projects are founded on proven security analysis and sound engineering / technical capability.
You’ll help us to deliver outstanding projects that respond to the needs and resources of a contemporary world. Your ideas will be put into place across a wide range of specialisms from counter-terrorism through to physical and electronic security designs to strategy and master planning in the built environment. Whatever your ambitions we’ve a role to match your passion and degree, while our training will help you develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
Bright sparks. Ingenious solutions. We’re one of the most respected consultancies in the world. With the Atkins Graduate Development Programme, you’re in great company.
Where could I work?
As a recent graduate you would work at our London or Stockton office.
Degree requirements: Minimum 2.2 BSc degree (or equivalent) in in a technical discipline (e.g. engineering or sciences) or a security related discipline.
We develop innovative solutions to help our clients realise their vision in a safe and secure environment. In a highly analytical role, you could find yourself involved in a broad range of activities including:
- Threat and risk analysis
- Security risk management
- All design stages for all security functions
- Security operations and procedures
- Strategies, schemes and Master-planning
- Counter-terrorism and protective security
- Physical security
- Electronic security systems
- Explosive blast and weapons effects on structures
- Continuity and resilience for security threats
- Concept of Operations
What are we looking for?
- Passion and understanding for working in a consultancy environment, with the ability to work with clients and internal stakeholders
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, with the confidence to work on your own initiative or as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
- An interest in developing digital and technology-based solutions
- A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad
How do I apply?
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunities employer we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities. For further details on our recruitment process, please refer to our website.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on 0121 483 5089
Our deadline for applications is Monday 6th January 2020. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!