Welcome to Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group. We’re a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you’ll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
We're committed to cultivating a diverse, inclusive work environment, where world-class talent knows no distinctions. Join us as a Graduate, and we'll help you succeed and grow as a valuable member of our team.
As a Graduate Transport Planner, you’ll be part of a team that plans and improves new and existing transport systems. Working alongside talented colleagues, you'll learn to use research, analysis and planning techniques to shape a sustainable future for local and international infrastructure.
- Support transport planning projects with forecasting, appraisal, and data gathering & analysis for local modelling studies
- Develop and apply your understanding of transport policies, statutory and regulatory requirements, guidance and best practice
- Assess different costs and benefits of transport schemes
- Manipulate data using spreadsheets, GIS, Adobe products, simulation software, VSD, etc
- Prepare written deliverables, including client technical reports, and materials for stakeholders
- Research and understand proposed schemes and likely impacts
- Support public consultation and stakeholder engagement
- Help to apply the principles of transport systems and, or scheme design
- Develop and apply the principles and techniques of changing travel behaviour
What you can bring
2.1 Bachelors or 2.2 Master's in a degree discipline such as:
- Engineering – Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Telecommunications, Systems
- Transport Planning
- English, Politics, and Social Sciences
- Others – Physics, Computer Science, Geography, Maths, IT, Environmental Science, Economics and GIS
Rather than looking for transport experience, we want innovative problem-solvers who can see things from different perspectives and are great at communicating their ideas.
Why work for Atkins?
With us, you'll be involved in exciting projects across their full lifecycle. You'll enjoy exposure to multiple markets, including Cities & Development, Environment & Geoscience, Energy, Transportation and Water. Whatever you're interested in, you'll be able to get involved and progress quickly on our huge variety of projects. We were responsible for the innovative diagonal-crossing design at Oxford Circus and the Local Traffic Management Plans for HS2.
Atkins' Graduate Development Programme
Our prestigious three-year framework will help you develop the skills and knowledge to advance your early career towards a professional qualification. It features a series of signature events, core training, professional development, mentoring and on-the-job experience.
We face our clients’ problems head-on. The work is complex, and everyone here is up to the challenge. You’ll bring your skills and expertise to the mix. And get a real sense of enjoyment from knowing that everyone is pulling together to get the job done. We value the different perspectives our people bring and recognise everyone for their contributions equally.
Meeting your needs
We want to make settling into the world of work a fantastic experience for you. So we’ve created a benefits package to suit your lifestyle, career and personal needs – from partner discounts to supported training, professional accreditations, and ongoing career planning.
It’s essential that you feel supported all the way. So if you identify as having a disability, please tell us ahead of your application. And we’ll do our best to make individual adjustments for you.
Our deadline for applications is Monday 2nd March 2020. However, due to the popularity of our programmes, some of our roles will close earlier than others. To avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible.
NB: This role may require a security clearance. Therefore offers of employment will depend on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, we'll discuss it with you at your interview. When applying to this role, please don't refer to, in conversation, your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!