At Azets people lie at the heart of what we do. Collaboration and sharing empowers us all to achieve our purpose of making our colleagues, clients and communities lives better every day. With the everchanging economic landscape and advances in technology, there has never been a more exciting time to start a career in accountancy.
As an Azets Trainee, you will be actively supported throughout your Azets career and will learn from the vast expertise held by your colleagues. Whether you're a school or college leaver, a graduate ready to make your mark, or someone seeking an new challenge, Azets is the perfect launchpad for your journey.
We are committed to offering development opportunities to all of our staff, from early stage Trainees through to Senior Partners. As a trainee, you will get the opportunity to pursue a professional qualification specific to the business area you will be working in. We believe in nurturing your potential and setting you on the path to success.
As part of your role as an Audit Associate you will assist with the preparation of financial statements for limited companies, LLP’s, and charities from trial balance stage. You will be working and collaborating with other members in the audit and accounts team in order to build strong working relationships. You will be providing assistance on statutory audits as you continue to develop your knowledge. This will involve applying your technical knowledge to real life scenarios, problem solving, analysing data and presenting your findings.
This role will involve a combination of working in the local office and at client premises. On a day to day basis, the tasks you’re assigned may involve:
- Analysing financial statements provided by the client to work out which amounts need to be tested.
- Sending queries to the clients to provide evidence of these amounts and reconciling them with what should be expected.
- Attending stock counts to verify physical assets.
- Scheduling regular catch-ups with both the client and your team to ensure you are working towards the audit signing deadline.
- Communicating with your seniors when there is a material difference between evidence provided by the client and data stated on the financial statement provided.
- Being on hand for any questions a client may have about changing laws, standards and regulations.
As you advance in your role, you will get the opportunity to mentor new trainees and provide them with high class on-the-job training. Additionally, as your confidence grows so will your project management skills as you work to meet deadlines and budget constraints for clients.
We have created a first-class training and development programme and, by starting your career at Azets, in addition to the comprehensive on the job training, you will also be given all the support you need to complete a professional qualification, including college and/or study days, mentoring and a designated buddy.
We offer a range of different qualification pathways at Azets which are determined by the role you are applying for. The qualification that will be undertaken for this position will be the ACA.
To get the job that you’ll love, you will:
- The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment
- Be on track to achieve or have already achieved a minimum 2:2 in your undergraduate degree
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees are what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We are looking for someone who wants to be more than just a team member, but who wants to join a family of likeminded individuals.
At Azets, we understand that whilst job satisfaction and success is important, you should be rewarded for the work you do.
Our benefits include 23 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays), Agile & Flexible working, Employee referral bonuses, Lead incentive schemes and much more.
Heathrow, Beaconsfield, York, Swansea, Maidstone, Southend, Southampton, Portsmouth, Burnley, Wynyard, Sidcup, Cardiff, Ashford