Our 10 week, paid, summer internship offers penultimate year students the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the Asset Management Industry. You will be aligned to one business area and enabled to work with colleagues on live projects that will have a real business impact. If successful you will be given the opportunity to return as a Graduate in 2021.
What we offer?
- Opportunity for you to deepen your understanding of the asset management industry and our different business areas through classroom style knowledge sharing sessions
- Opportunity for you to build your professional network through social events
- Opportunity to learn via hands-on experience on live business projects
- Skills Training on basic business skills that will be useful in your future career (hopefully with us!)
- Performance feedback; you will agree stretching goals with your manager to help you get the most out of your time with us.
This programme is designed for undergraduates who on completion of the internship, will still have their final year of study to complete.
Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds, allowing them to bring diversity of ideas and unique perspectives to our investment decision-making process. You do not need a specific degree to be an Aviva Investors Summer Intern.
We look for potential; if you have the following qualities, we would love to see your application:
- Curiosity; people who have an insatiable hunger to learn, discover and question the world around them.
- Innovative; people who can think differently and create unique solutions to meet our clients’ needs
- Initiative; self-starters who can solve problems
- Collaborative; people who can communicate well and share ideas with colleagues
- Data Driven; people who can assess vast quantities of information to make investment decisions
You must be available to work 22nd June – 28th August 2020 and in your penultimate year of study.
We are a global asset manager with broad and deep expertise across all major asset classes. As part of the Aviva Group – the UK’s largest insurance company – we are uniquely positioned to combine our insurance heritage with our investment capabilities to deliver the outcomes that matter most to today’s investor.
Today’s investors are asking more questions than ever. They expect more from their asset managers. They want joined-up thinking fit for an interconnected world; integrated solutions with their needs firmly at the heart. We’re challenging ourselves to respond to these new expectations – as well as the changes taking place in our industry and the world around us.
At Aviva Investors we hold the fact that we are investing people’s future at the heart of everything we do. It’s a great responsibility. With a career in Asset Management at Aviva Investors, you are helping to build financial security for people just like you, your family and your friends; through working life and retirement, through the ups and downs of life, and always with a view to investing responsibly.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!