Finance underpins everything we do – so it’s vital that we find and nurture our future talent now. Whilst on the placement you will gain experience in one or more area including: financial accounting and reporting, management accounting and project accounting along with the chance to put theory into practice, learn from colleagues who are experts in their field, and gain insights that can only come from real world experience.
A career in Finance is exciting, challenging and diverse! Today’s finance professional must be highly skilled and flexible enough to quickly adapt to the rapid changes of our environment. Our goal is to develop people who are highly motivated and trained with the right skills to effectively guide our operations so that our business can grow.
Follow your passion with the following responsibilities
- Cost base management and challenge including understanding departmental budgets and forecasts, preparation of journals and engagement with budget holders.
- Financial reporting activities to support month end reporting including variance analysis, preparation of packs for submission and consolidation of month end inputs.
- Project Accounting activities including the raising of invoices, preparation of reconciliations and production of other financial data for key stakeholders.
- Working as part of the Governance team to gain an understanding of processes and controls required in a multi-billion pound business.
- Opportunity to shadow senior members of the team to develop an understanding of the role of a finance leader within the function.
- As a minimum requirement you’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:1 in your Bachelor’s or Master's degree in a Finance/Economics/Maths/Physics related subject and 120 UCAS points (or equivalent).
What we have on offer for you!
Take your first steps in a career that challenges, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our placements will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate challenges that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
Security/ Export Control
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Working with us
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!