Our undergraduate schemes will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate challenges that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference, where it counts.
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing around 83,100 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
We offer a number of exciting twelve week Finance Summer Internship opportunities within BAE Systems. Placements are available across several of our business sectors, based at varying locations throughout the UK.
On a BAE Systems Internship you will find out what it is like to work for a global defence and security company. Here are some examples of the sorts of things you could find yourself being involved in:
- Cost base management and challenge including understanding departmental budgets and forecasts, preparation of journals and engagement with budget holders.
- Financial reporting activities to support month end reporting including variance analysis, preparation of packs for submission and consolidation of month end inputs.
- Project Accounting activities including the raising of invoices, preparation of reconciliations and production of other financial data for key stakeholders.
- Working as part of the Governance team to gain an understanding of processes and controls required in a multi-billion pound business.
- Opportunity to shadow senior members of the team to develop an understanding of the role of a finance leader within the function.
A career in Finance is exciting, challenging and diverse! Today’s finance professional must be highly skilled and flexible enough to quickly adapt to the rapid changes of our environment. Our goal is to develop people who are highly motivated and trained with the right skills to effectively guide our operations so that our business can grow.
We are seeking resilient people who are analytical yet practical, dynamic and entrepreneurial, and capable of taking responsibility for their own progression. Finance at BAE Systems is a very hands-on profession and involves working in demanding environments, so the tact, confidence and tenacity to challenge the accepted and manage finances robustly at ground level will be crucial.
We’ll offer you a competitive £16,800 pro-rata salary, 6.5 days holiday (for the 12 week internship), a Certificate of Achievement and a potential fast track to our prestigious FLDP scheme (subject to performance and availability).
Our requirements: To apply, you’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a Finance related subject and 112 UCAS points (or equivalent).
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!