Working as part of a dynamic team safeguarding BAE Systems UK enterprise IT infrastructure against Cyber threats by gathering security intelligence and analysing it against the IT environment to ascertain the risk to the business.
Recording all events and ensuring any risks are managed through IT Security Incident Response and where applicable passed into Security Engineering to investigate mitigating controls.
What you will be doing… (Role Duties and Responsibilities)
- Ensure the Threat and Intelligence Service is operated in line with agreed Service definitions and measures. (Run and Maintain) Mature and expand the Threat and Intelligence Service through process, people and technology where appropriate. (Continuous Improvement)
- Manage and Update the Threat and Intelligence Service Dashboard. (Reporting)
- Acting as the subject matter expert for the IT Security Intelligence to the business.
- Researching, analysing and interpreting threat intelligence to support; incident response, risk assessments, security strategy and planning activities and underpin business cases for new security capabilities.
- Monitor internal sources of Intelligence
- Monitor external sources of Intelligence including: Threat and Vulnerability Databases (CVE, Microsoft, Adobe, etcetera)o Public Sources (Internet sites like Sophos, Kaspersky, Mandiant, Krebs, Etcetera).
- Perform analysis of all threats identified to determine if they are risks to the business
- Where appropriate share Intelligence back to internal and external sources according to the relevant policies and procedures.
Entry Requirements and what we are looking for
To apply, you’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 Bachelor’s degree. We are looking for IT Cyber Security, Computing degree, Maths with a solid understanding of IT security components. Modules preferred would be: Data Analysis, Forensic Computing, Security Modules and Statistics
Overview of Business Unit
Our Applied Intelligence business delivers solutions which help our clients to protect and enhance their critical assets in the connected world. Leading enterprises and government departments use our solutions to protect and enhance their physical infrastructure, nations and people, mission-critical systems, valuable intellectual property, corporate information, reputation and customer relationships, and competitive advantage and financial success. Our solutions comprise software and hardware technologies, consulting, systems integration and managed services. We operate in four key domains: Cyber Security, Financial Crime, Communications Intelligence and Digital Transformation. We enable organisations to be more agile, increase trust and operate more confidently. Our solutions help to strengthen national security and resilience, for a safer world. They enable enterprises to manage their business risks, optimise their operations and comply with regulatory obligations
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!