On a Summer Internship, over 12 weeks, you will be expected to be involved in a number of areas in order to develop a broad understanding of the Products and Services we are involved with.
As a Maintenance & Continuing Airworthiness Intern you will be a key member of the Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation supporting the delivery of activities including Fleet Planning, Maintenance Planning & Tasking, Reliability & Operator Maintenance Programme, Airworthiness Records & Technical Services to enable the maximisation of operational efficiency and minimisation of costs.
Follow your passion with the following responsibilities:
- Support the analysis of the maintenance requirements for specific aircraft or components and the timely creation of the Statement of Work (SoW).
- Support the development and on-going maintenance of the associated work package(s), including the technical instructions, resource and materiel requirements for the individual maintenance activity.
- Support the development of Strategic Fleet Plans and Fleet scenario/options modelling, to inform strategic decision making and determine the operational prioritisation for the Fleet.
- Support the generation of Tactical Fleet and Maintenance Plans for the designated fleet(s), including rolling forecasts in line with contractual and operational requirements, of all scheduled Maintenance events, both On & Off aircraft.
- Support the planning of aircraft and component maintenance, to ensure compliance with the Operator Maintenance Programme, Mandatory requirements, applicable technical instructions and capability embodiment programmes. Support the creation of the Statement of Work (SoW).
- Produce detailed analysis of aircraft technical performance, occurrence reporting and the results of maintenance activity to support the development of Reliability Programme(s). Ensure identified trends are assessed and recommendations for corrective action are managed to an effective conclusion.
- Conduct detailed analysis of the airworthiness information issued by the Regulatory Authority and published by the Design Organisation in the form of Baseline Maintenance Programme revisions and instructions for Continued Airworthiness, to support the development and amendment of the Operator Maintenance Programme to ensure its effectiveness.
- Support the amendment of all Continuing Airworthiness Records, including the input of aircraft technical log data (hours, cycles, etc.) into the relevant record and maintenance system(s).
- Work with the other teams within the Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation, Demand Management, Part 145 organisation(s), and all other key stakeholders, in order to deliver the required standards of continuing airworthiness and contract delivery, as directed.
- Support the necessary reconciliation activities required to ensure the configuration, quality and integrity of the Continuing Airworthiness Records is maintained.
What we require:
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, a 2.2 in your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
What we have on offer for you!
Take your first steps in a career that motivates, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our graduate scheme will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate situations that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
Security/ Export Control
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Working with us
At BAE we want to be the leading employer in defence and security for valuing diversity and inclusion. We care about difference in all forms and want to create an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential.
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently under-represented within our industry, including women, people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to be a preferred home for veterans and reservists.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!