To carry out a range of activities to support the project management processes, help in delivering all activities and products to the agreed schedule/plan at budgeted cost and satisfying the company quality requirements.
Start Date: 27th January 2020 & 15th June 2020
What you will be doing… (Role Duties and Responsibilities)
- Process project-related documents and data in accordance with procedures and produce output reports, typically to pre-defined formats and within regular business cycles.
- Collect, collate, summarise and input information or data, carry out pre-defined analyses, and provide to others for use in decision-making.
- Provide assistance to ensuring that project-related records in assigned areas are complete, accurate and up-to-date.
- Assist in monitoring project progress and identify emerging issues and trend.
- Handle straightforward problems or situations and refer more difficult or non-standard issues to roles at higher levels, ensuring resolution as quickly as possible.
- Prioritise own workload in order to meet deadlines without compromising quality standards, and check own work for accuracy and completeness.
- Use computerised systems to collect, summarise, analyse, input or extract data, maintaining own capabilities in use of software or programs, and ensure data is safely recorded and stored.
- Document and record management.
- To be able to access, have a clear understanding of and apply the Quality and HS&E Management System documentation e.g. Process Instructions, Workmanship Standards, Risk Assessments etc. applicable to your particular work scope and to obey all HS&E rules and control measures.
Entry Requirements and what we are looking for
To apply, you’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 Bachelor’s degree relating to Project Management. However, all other appropriate degree subjects would be considered through application. Including but not limited to:
Mathematics, IT, Engineering, Science, Law or Business. We are seeking individuals with the potential to grow and learn within Project Management and Project Control within the business. Applications will be considered by merit and not by the specific degree subject.
Overview of Business Unit
All roles within Maritime - Submarines are restricted to British citizens who do not hold dual nationality. Unfortunately, if you do not meet these criteria it will not be possible to take your application any further.
Our Submarines business has been safely delivering world class submarines to the UK Royal Navy for more than a century.
Today we are the prime contractor in the Astute programme and the UK’s only designer and builder of nuclear powered submarines – one of the world’s most complex engineering challenges. The first three submarines in the class, HMS Astute, HMS Ambush and HMS Artful, are now in service with the Royal Navy and the final four Astute class submarines are at various stages of construction at the Barrow site.
We are also the industrial lead for the Dreadnought programme, the Royal Navy’s next generation of nuclear deterrent submarines. Construction of the first of four submarines, named Dreadnought, began last year
Our Submarines business employs approximately 8,700 people and in 2017 we spent around £700m with over 700 suppliers.
Security/ Export Control statement
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!