WE ARE A WORLD LEADING FRESH FOOD MANUFACTURER AND WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF TALENTED INDIVIDUALS TO JOIN BAKKAVOR AND DRIVE OUR SUCCESS
WE ARE PROUD OF OUR BUSINESS AND PASSIONATE ABOUT THE FOOD WE MAKE FOR THE BIGGEST NAMES IN SUPERMARKET RETAIL AND FOOD SERVICE.
IF YOU SHARE OUR PASSION FOR GREAT FOOD AND OUR STRONG VALUES THEN THIS COMPANY IS FOR YOU
WE HAVE A DIVERSE RANGE OF CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AND PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE FOR YOU TO KICK START YOUR CAREER AND MAKE A REAL IMPACT IN THE FOOD INDUSTRY
Food Technology Industrial Placement
If you share our passion for great food, you can expect to receive opportunities, development and support to enable you to learn and grow throughout your placement. Expect to gain skills in a range of areas such as food safety, microbiology, internal auditing and factory hygiene. This entry-level placement will be perfect someone who is in the process of studying a food related or food science degree with the aim of entering this field upon obtaining their qualification.
You will be based at our site in Spalding, Lincolnshire and will be provided with a broad range of activities and projects. The structure of the placement is:
- A 6-month placement with our Central Technical office-based team, working with our technical systems from a Group level that determine how we manager our corporate governance, as well as specific projects.
- A 6-month placement with our Technical factory-based team, working alongside our manufacturing operations to ensure high quality and food safety, as part of the Quality Assurance team. Activities include a variety of technical tasks, such as GMP audits, taste panels, micro-sampling. In really busy periods (i.e. Christmas), there is even the opportunity to get a real understanding of food manufacturing and work with manufacturing on production
Length: 12 months, starting in July 2020
Finance Industrial Placement
If you share our values and passion for great food, you can expect to receive opportunities, development and support to enable you to learn and grow throughout your placement. You can expect to gain key skills in basic accountancy and finance and from day one you will play a pivotal part in the decision-making processes that help our business to grow and thrive.
This entry-level placement will be perfect for undergraduates who are interested gaining skills and experience in a Finance role, in a consumer goods company. We will consider candidates from all degree disciplines. Those candidates who complete successful placements will also be given the opportunity to re-join Bakkavor on the graduate programme (CIMA accredited) post-qualification.
Locations: Placements will either be in Lincolnshire or London (there is an additional allowance for London placements)
Length: 12 months, starting in July 2020
What Will The Placement Offer You?
Our Placement programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities as an entry into the food industry. On the Placement, you’ll receive:
- A salary of £19,000 per annum
- Relocation Financial Assistance
- Access to Bakkavor benefits, such as a discount platform
Career Experience, Skills & Responsibility
- An experienced line manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience
- Providing everything goes to plan, due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development once you complete your degree. This could be a direct entry role, or as part of the Graduate or Apprentice programmes.
- You’ll take responsibility for your work area and personal development from day one.
What You'll Need To Apply:
The most important thing for us is a motivated attitude to develop your skills and an ambition to progress to within the food industry.
We do have some criteria that we will be looking for – you’ll need these to pass our assessment screening process:
- Are currently studying towards a Technical, Food or Science based degree (Food Technology)
- Are currently studying towards a degree (Finance)
- Demonstrated experience of working as part of a team
- An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK, we are unable to sponsor visas as part of the Placement
- A clearly articulated motivation to learn more about the food industry
- A desire to learn how food manufacturing works
- An ability to apply practical ideas and demonstrate your adaptability
- A curiosity to explore, learn and show initiative
- An ability to demonstrate good attention to detail
- Ideally, a full UK driver’s licence, as our locations and suppliers are not always readily accessible by public transport
- The ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and numerical skills (Finance)
- A willingness to study the CIMA qualification upon completion of your degree (as this is a requirement to join our Finance graduate programme) (Finance)
All placements are subject to successful right to work checks, and eligibility to work in the UK.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!