- The BGC Technology Internship programme offers graduates an opportunity to be part of an exciting and growing team.
- The programme will consist of technical and professional skills training, and the chance to contribute to real life projects.
- Interns will have exposure to cutting edge technology as the firm is agile and has a dynamic approach delivering world class customer service to a diverse client base.
- The BGC Technology Internship will commence in Summer 2022 for 10 weeks.
- We are seeking candidates who have completed all of their higher education studies, have an interest in Technology and are looking to start their career within Financial Services.
- You will have a mentor to support and guide your career throughout this programme.
- This opportunity could lead to full-time position.
You will have the opportunity to join one of our many teams who:
- Support the wider team on the production of real-time and end-of-day analytics in Java, Python and KDB+.
- Work on microservices producing Interest Rate Derivative and Forward Foreign Exchange pricing for the Front Office.
- Implement full software development lifecycle in a fast paced, front office trading applications development team.
- Work with broker facing technology in the equities space. Triaging issues, fixing software bugs in C# and making system enhancements.
- Work on the company’s big data platform to manage real time order and trade flows. The team also develops our Data Warehouse, deliver reporting and analytics or produce ad hoc insights using Python and Tableau.
- Upgrade servers and software to address any EOL/EIV support for the technology products, software that we use.
- Graduates with a passion for technology and an interest in financial services.
- Enthusiastic and open to the prospect of developing skills in data and technology.
- Motivated individuals who are eager to contribute to our business.
- Open to new challenges and solving new problems.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and prioritise workloads.
- Strong written and verbal communication, to build relationships across multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Knowledge of trading systems and financial products is desirable.
- Development experience in Java, Python or C++ / C#.