Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management
Help us make a difference as a Graduate Trainee Commercial Manager based from our offices in Sevenoaks.
Start date – September 2021
The Commercial Trainee Graduate will work under the supervision of the Commercial and Business Development Managers to acquire essential knowledge to become a future Commercial Manager. To understand how the company operates, support managers with various daily tasks and learn how to evaluate performance.
A quick look at the role.
The Commercial team are responsible for business in the Municipal division from winning tenders, retaining contracts to offering other services (such as garden waste club) to local authorities; and thereafter assisting the operational teams on mobilising, introducing and developing the services
The Trainee role will provide the grounding and platform for the right candidate to progress into a management role.
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Assisting the Head of Commercial, Business Development Manager and Head of Market Strategy
- A chance to join a forward-thinking, industry leader that openly welcomes self-driven individuals who are unafraid to question convention
- Involved in developing systems and processes that captures and records data for the analysis of commercial opportunities
- Researching ways to increase profitability and lower risk
- Assisting in preparation of presentations
- Providing analysis and forecasting likely changes to the industry
- Learning the business and bring new insights
- Helping the manager complete their daily tasks
- Providing administrative support when required
- Participating in company’s strategic planning
- Helping managers in evaluating performance (e.g. writing reports, analysing data)
- Working alongside like-minded waste professionals in a brilliantly diverse environment built on transparency – not bureaucracy.
Here’s what we require:
- Degree level education
- Some business experience or placement within a commercial organisation
- Well developed IT skills inc MS Excel (in particular), Word & PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of people, with well-developed customer facing skills
- Highly organised with a high level of attention to detail
- Confidentiality and total discretion is paramount to this role
- Able to produce high quality written correspondence and reports.
- Well-developed inter-personal skills.
- Proactive work ethic with ability to manage own work load and timelines
- Proactive work ethic with ability to manage own workload and timelines
- Experience of building and maintaining customer relationships
- The ability to communicate with conviction, plan with precision and, most importantly, play well with others.
- Keen to join the waste industry; interested in understanding private sector services to the public sector
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!