Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management
Help us make a difference as a Graduate Trainee Operations Manager based from our depot in East London. Successful candidate will be expected to travel with the role
Start date – September 2021
The Graduate Trainee Operational Support Manager will support, under the guidance of Regional General Manager, the region to drive through continuous improvement in performance, by engaging with relevant stakeholders to support regional projects that ensure the delivery of first class customer service in line with pre-defined business KPIs, that support continuous improvement in productivity and quality of service provision, to maintain business growth and best in class performance.
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Supporting Depots that require additional support to ensure an increase in operational productivity and improved quality of service provided.
- Providing additional resource to support Depots
- Working under the guidance of Operational Support Manager (OSM) to manage projects and work with key stakeholders as defined by the parameters of the project.
- Supporting, under the guidance of OSM, management capability through knowledge sharing, training and support.
- Working within cross-divisional teams to assist with providing integrated waste solutions using best practice and through continuous improvement.
- Supporting, under the guidance of OSM, improvement of the operational systems, processes and policies to support regional growth and performance.
- Working alongside like-minded waste professionals in a brilliantly diverse environment built on transparency – not bureaucracy.
- A chance to join a forward-thinking, industry leader that openly welcomes self-driven individuals who are unafraid to question convention
Here’s what we require:
- Degree level education
- Some business experience or placement within a commercial organisation
- Well-developed IT skills including MS Excel (in particular), Word & PowerPoint
- Local geographical knowledge
- Understanding of the requirements of working within a time critical service
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of people, with well-developed customer facing skills
- Highly organised with a high level of attention to detail
- Confidentiality and absolute discretion is paramount to this role
- Able to produce high quality written correspondence and reports
- Well-developed inter-personal skills
- Proactive work ethic with ability to manage own workload and timelines
- Articulate, confident and assertive
- Analytical and able to quickly assess issues and recommend and/or implement solutions
- Robust and resilient, able to absorb pressure and respond positively
- Experience of building and maintaining customer relationships
The ability to communicate with conviction, plan with precision and, most importantly, play well with others.
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!