Birmingham Tax Graduate Programme (Autumn 2022)
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
Great minds. Nothing alike.
Get to know us, our clients and start learning more about yourself. As an auditor, you’ll be connecting with the issues our clients are facing, providing independent advice so they can confidently do what is right and make the best decisions for the future. The constantly evolving landscape calls for an approach that puts what is right first and you will need to push ideas harder and ask difficult questions, giving our clients the assurance they need.
Our three-year graduate programme is designed to take you on a journey from graduate to professionally qualified. Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll experience during your first three years:
- Hands on experience in the different aspects of tax, with a variety of clients
- Responsibility from early in your career, taking ownership for interesting and challenging client work
- You’ll develop a strong internal and external network to learn from
- Working closely with colleagues to interpret complex legislation and deliver strategic solutions, providing our clients with clear advice and recommendations they can rely on
- You’ll guide clients through complex UK and international tax regimes, and help them with everything from the tax compliance process, planning their operational and legal structures, advising on the availability of beneficial tax claims and informing their risk management
- On the job learning, alongside a structured training programme
- Time to study and revise for your exams, supported by us all the way to complete the ACA CTA joint professional qualifications
You’ll be given the opportunity to specialise in one of the following tax teams:
- Corporate Tax teams
- Human Capital and Consumer
- Real Estate and Construction
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
Specialist Services Tax teams
- Transfer Pricing
- Tax Technology
We’ll give you further information about the type of work these teams do a little bit further into the application process. If you successfully make it to an experience day, we will reach out to you before then with more details and to discuss if you have a preference.
Knowing that you’re right for us
We’ve got a flexible approach to academic entry requirements, and we’ll consider these alongside your strengths and motivations. We’re looking for people who want to contribute spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves.
Back yourself with our backing
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to be yourself and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. So together with your people manager and team, you’ll decide the best way of working, for your clients, your team and for you. Everyone here enjoys a competitive salary and you’ll have a flexible benefits package to choose from too, with options including pensions, private medical cover, subsidised gym membership and season ticket travel discount.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments once qualified, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility. We’ll use the interview process to check your values match up.
You deserve the best start to your career. Come to where you’ll learn more, where you won’t limit yourself, and where you’ll discover exactly what you’re capable of. Choose Grant Thornton. It’s how it should be.
Before applying, we would encourage you to visit our employability hub to get a feel for what it’s like to start your career with us and to get some hints and tips for the next stage in our process.