Our software engineering professionals build products and services to meet the needs of BlackRock and our clients. Our technology culture and solutions help distinguish BlackRock as an industry leader in both asset management and cutting-edge technologies.
At the heart of BlackRock is a world-class technology system called Aladdin. It is an unmatched operating platform that unites all of BlackRock by providing a central technology platform that integrates our investment activities globally. Unlike other financial firms, technology at BlackRock is a profit centre, not a support function, and stands on its own as a fast-growing business. Developers work in teams focused on specific components of Aladdin and use innovative new technologies to build solutions for BlackRock and many Aladdin clients.
Our software engineering team is known for:
- Being passionate about technology and solving complex problems
- Being from diverse industries and academic backgrounds
- Developing in Java, Python, Cassandra, Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker, a host of languages and open source technologies
- Being technology leaders that unlock incremental innovation and drive technology culture at BlackRock
What will you do as a software engineering analyst?
- Participate in four 6-month assignments across various technology streams during a two-year rotational program, providing a breadth of experiences to teams, technologies and businesses
- Gain a broad understanding of the investment process and the capabilities of Aladdin
- Have access to online learning and training through our BlackRock Academies
- Work closely with senior engineers developing specific parts of the Aladdin platform. Take ownership of projects and watch your creations be released to thousands of users
- Collaborate with colleagues to build innovative products during firm wide hackathons
- Meet smart, fun people through volunteering, employee and professional networks, and every-day interactions
What capabilities are we looking for?
- Intermediate programming skills in Java
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Technical curiosity
Further details about the Analyst Program
The Full-Time Analyst Program is a multi-year experiential journey designed to empower and support Analysts in connecting their personal passions and strengths to BlackRock’s mission, principles and purpose.
The program begins with an orientation to learn about our purpose, business and strategic priorities – all while gaining insights into the day-to-day life of an Analyst at BlackRock. Following orientation, Analysts join their team and stay connected with colleagues across the globe through ongoing training and professional development.
This program offers Analysts the chance to have a lasting impact on the firm and contribute to our greater collective purpose to help more and more people experience financial well-being
Recruitment is on a rolling basis, therefore early applications are advised.
Upon submitting a CV, candidates will be required to complete a short online coding challenge to showcase their programming skills to be considered further.
This program is open to graduating from an undergraduate or master’s degree program between January 2019 and December 2021, with less than 18 months’ of directly relevant, full-time work experience.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!