Our software engineering professionals build products and services to meet the needs of BlackRock and our clients. Our technology culture and solutions help distinguish BlackRock as an industry leader in both asset management and cutting-edge technologies.
At the heart of BlackRock is a world-class technology system called Aladdin. It is an unmatched operating platform that unites all of BlackRock by providing a central technology platform that integrates our investment activities globally. Unlike other financial firms, technology at BlackRock is a profit centre, not a support function, and stands on its own as a fast-growing business. Developers work in teams focused on specific components of Aladdin and use innovative new technologies to build solutions for BlackRock and many Aladdin clients.
Our software engineering team is known for:
- Being passionate about technology and solving complex problems
- Being from diverse industries and academic backgrounds
- Developing in Java, Python, Cassandra, Kubernetes, Kafka, Docker, a host of languages and open source technologies
- Being technology leaders that unlock incremental innovation and drive technology culture at BlackRock
What will you do as a software engineering intern?
- Gain a broad understanding of the investment process and the capabilities of Aladdin
- Have access to online learning and training through our BlackRock Academies
- Work closely with senior engineers developing specific parts of the Aladdin platform. Take ownership of projects and watch your creations be released to thousands of users
- Collaborate with colleagues to build innovative products during firm wide hackathons
- Meet smart, fun people through volunteering, employee and professional networks, and every-day interactions
What capabilities are we looking for?
- Intermediate programming skills in Java
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Technical curiosity
Further details about the Summer Analyst Program
The Summer Analyst Program is an eight-week paid internship from 21 June to 13 August 2021.
For the first few days of the program you join orientation, where all interns hired into Europe come together to learn more about BlackRock and start building their network.
For the rest of the eight weeks, you’ll work as an analyst in the Software Engineering division in London. You’ll work on real environment projects, learn more about the unique culture at BlackRock and be in consideration for the full-time analyst role for when you graduate
Recruitment is on a rolling basis, therefore early applications are advised.
Upon submitting a CV, candidates will be required to complete a short online coding challenge to showcase their programming skills to be considered further.
This program is open to candidates graduating from an undergraduate or master’s degree in 2022, with less than 18 months’ of directly relevant, full-time work experience.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!