Bulb is making energy simpler, cheaper, greener. We’re changing the way the energy industry treats customers and saving the planet. It’s simple things, like calling our customers ‘members’, that make us stand out from the crowd. Bulb is different; we recognise that delivering amazing support and a simple digital experience makes for loyal members who recommend us to their friends and family.
Our Energy Specialists are responsible for Bulb’s member experience.
Responding to a member query means that you do all the work from beginning to end to resolve the issue. Elsewhere this might be done by multiple departments. But our Energy Specialists are able to handle all types of queries, from questions about joining or leaving Bulb, account related inquiries, contacting other suppliers, to everything in between.
With Bulb you’re helping to shape the future of green energy. And joining a community that saves 4.6 million tonnes of CO2 from entering the atmosphere each year.
As an Energy Specialist you’ll be learning huge amounts about how a modern, innovative company engages with its customers.
- You’ll help Bulb’s members on the phone, email and online chat, giving great solutions to a wide variety of queries
- You’ll work in a fast paced environment constantly striving to ensure we’re providing the best member service
- You’ll resolve simple queries efficiently whilst spending the time to investigate and resolve harder, more complex ones
- As your experience grows you’ll take on more responsibility within your team and work in small teams to drive improvements in efficiency and member experience
Our Energy Specialists drive Bulb's long term success. We're looking for people willing to invest into the role and the team. In return, we hope that the skills you'll develop with Bulb will open up interesting career opportunities in the future.
At Bulb, we want to hire people able to get going quickly, interested in learning new things and comfortable working in a changing environment.
We care deeply about helping the technology and energy industries become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. If you recognise yourself in any of these traits, we’d love for you to send us an application.
Here are the things that we think are essential to succeeding in the job.
- You are able to work some evenings and weekends
- You work well with structure in the day and are motivated by hitting and exceeding targets
- You care deeply about how companies treat their customers
Here are some other things we think will be valuable, but we're also open-minded.
- You're confident speaking on the phone to a variety of people
- You’re a fast learner comfortable with getting stuck in
- You’re resilient and cope well with difficult situations
- You can think on your feet and use your initiative in ambiguous situations
- You have excellent communication and writing skills
- You’re comfortable with numbers and learning new technology
- You’re reliable, energetic and able to prioritise effectively
- You see obstacles as challenges and don’t fall at the first hurdle
- You enjoy working with customers to investigate and solve their problems
- You relish the idea of self learning and personal development
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy.
- Training budget of £1000 a year, plus five working days to spend on professional or personal development. You can use this for training courses, books or conferences.
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more.
- After a year at Bulb, you can take an additional month of unpaid leave to travel, work on personal projects or simply to recharge and reboot.
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
- We all own a bit of Bulb.
- Activities to improve your mental and physical well being including office yoga, meditation and Sanctus coaching.
- Healthcare and a pension plan with employer contributions, childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!