Apply by: 31.01.2022
As a Business Analyst, you’ll undertake a variety of tasks to support both client-facing projects and internal activities that will help the business to develop and grow.
Our client work is extremely varied- from supporting NHS trusts to provide better care to patients, to helping local authorities to make savings in their supply chains. Your work will be equally varied, and a high degree of flexibility and adaptability will be required.
The Business Analyst role is the first step on the consulting career path, and you’ll grow into this role through a combination of learning on the job, learning from other team members and self-directed study.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will work closely with our clients by undertaking a range of activities, including:
- Design and implementation of strategies and solutions to our client’s most pertinent challenges
- Design and delivery of presentations to key stakeholders and client personnel
- Primary and secondary research to present an evidence base which underpins the work we do
- Data analysis, including presenting complex and lengthy datasets in a clear, succinct and accessible manner
- Project and programme management responsibilities to ensure client engagements are delivered on time and to ensure stakeholders remain informed and engaged throughout delivery
- Evaluation of project and programme delivery, including use of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Facilitation of workshops and stakeholder engagement
You will also promote the work we do by:
- Organising and attending conferences, seminars, webinars or other similar events
- Writing articles, blogs and case studies for our website and other methods of marketing
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for a graduate to join our team as a Business Analyst. This is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing organisation and to expand and develop your skills in the consulting industry.
- A minimum 2:1 degree in any subject (predicted or obtained) - we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the skills required to work in public sector consulting
- A self-starter who is capable of working individually as well as part of a team
- A problem solver with the curiosity to challenge the status quo
- A strong communicator with the confidence to build relationship with people at all levels of an organisation
- A willingness to learn and develop skills in a challenging yet rewarding environment
- A rigorous approach to research and analysis
- A high degree of flexibility and adaptability to adopt to a range of projects for a variety of clients
- Competent use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams
What we offer:
- £26,000 p.a. salary
- 28 days annual leave
- Company pension scheme (starting from 22 years old)
- Primarily remote working with face-to-face engagements with clients when required
- Development of your consulting knowledge, skills and abilities through our Graduate Development Programme
- Great exposure to meet and talk with high-level public sector officers that wouldn’t happen at a larger consultancy at this early stage of your career
- A variety of projects - working on several different clients at once keeps things interesting and lets you sample more aspects of consultancy at the same time
- Tight-knit team - easily communicate with colleagues and feel part of a team all striving for the same goals
- Accessibility to colleagues with expert experience - Human Engine allows you to be in direct contact with experienced consultants who can share their knowledge and give you advice to support your growth
- If you find a particular part of the industry that interests you, we will work with you to provide you with the right resources and support to pursue your passion
This is a primarily remote working role with face-to-face engagements with clients when required.