We are offering an exciting opportunity to join FIS as a Business Analyst in the FIS University Program, based in Watford. This two-year program is suited to entry level joiners who aspire to develop a successful career with a leading fintech company!
Training for the role will mainly be on-the-job and you will also have an opportunity to participate in team projects, professional development seminars and access an online learning curriculum during the two-year program. You will work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success - including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
The UK program has a start date in September 2022 with a dedicated “Learning Week” where you will:
- Learn the unique nature of our industry, products, and the markets in which we work
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organisation
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of peers from across the organisation
Following the FIS University Program Learning week, you will continue your learning journey with your business unit and receive further functional training as you settle into your role.
About the team
The Debit and Pre-Paid platform provides card issuance and authorisation capabilities to financial entities of various sizes. These are a mixture of debit and pre-paid cards across multiple industries i.e. traditional bank accounts, travel money cards, pocket cards, gift cards.
The role of Debit and Pre-Paid Business Solutions and Analysis team is to act as the intake funnel for new requirements for change and enhancement to the Cortex payments processing platform and to the ancillary products and services offered by Debit and Prepaid for its card issuing clients.
In addition, the team offers consultative and educational support to internal partners and our clients and supports the delivery teams in the end-to-end delivery of new client onboarding programs.
The team comprises of Technical Consultants, Product Consultants and Business Analysts who work with various internal partners and our external vendors and clients to shape the future of the products and services offered as well as ensuring compliance with regulatory directives and card network mandates.
At the epicentre of all functional change and responsible for driving revenue through the monetisation of new product features, the team is an ideal place to begin your professional journey in Fintech as you will have the opportunity - both to understand the value chain and work on the latest developments in payments!
What you will be doing
In this role you will be conducting research, analysing, and documenting requirements, and working with vendors and clients to deliver world class payment solutions in line with industry standards and emerging technology. Day-to-day responsibilities in the role:
- Meeting with clients to understand requirements and present solutions
- Documentation of requirements
- Researching upcoming changes introduced by Visa and Mastercard, Apple Pay, Google Pay and other digital wallet providers
- Solution Design
- Delivery effort assessments and development effort estimations
- Work order generation
- Producing reports
Knowledge and skills you can expect to develop include:
- Deep understanding of the Payments industry and Payments processing
- Become an SME in areas such as EMV 3D Secure, Tokenisation (Apple Pay / Google Pay), EU Regulation such as PSD2 and CBP2
- Technical requirements documentation
- Consultative skills
- Programme planning
- Core business analysis skills
Who we are looking for
- A bachelor’s degree
- A confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organised, with attention to detail and an ability to multi-task
- Pro-active – willing to ask questions and put forward ideas
- Ability to build a network and comfortable interacting with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Proven teamwork skills combined with the desire and flexibility to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- A keen interest in financial technology - including payments technology and products, with a passion for building further knowledge in this area!
What we can offer you
- A competitive salary
- Excellent benefits: medical and health, well-being, lifestyle, and many more!
- Structured onboarding program with networking opportunities
- Quarterly progression and development reviews during your first two years on the program
- Access to a virtual learning curriculum to support your professional development
- Opportunity to build your knowledge of the broader commercial payments industry
- A supportive work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect