L'Oréal sells 50 products every second worldwide. (That’s over 4 million products a day, if you’re wondering.). As a Business Development Intern you’ll be working on growing our five main product categories; haircare, hair colour, fragrances, cosmetics and skincare. The Business Development Team strengthens the relationship between retailer and supplier enabling greater collaboration to exchange information, share data and build growth of the category together.
In this role you will be thinking of unique ways in which we can improve these categories and communicate them effectively to retailers. The role also provides significant exposure to both the Sales and Marketing teams. You will also be liaising with several divisions within a retailer which will develop your project management skills, test your communication skills, efficiency, co-ordination and interpersonal skills, with plenty of opportunity for you to work on your own projects.
Day-to-day you may be...
- Generating reports and recommendations, alongside the development and implementation of Support the team by generating reports and recommendations on how we can continue to grow our categories.
- Build strong relationships with both Marketing and Commercial teams.
- Build reports to help the team understand what is happening in the external market.
- Deep dive into data and use this to produce recommendations to the business.
- Undertake competitor analysis and help to feed new ideas into the wider brand strategy.
- Help suggest improvements in reporting/process which can help the team be more efficient.
- Support Category manager with investigations and recommendations to the wider business.
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Strong interpersonal skills and management potential
- An ability to work within tight deadlines, both internal and external
- Organisation skills, proactivity and you are able to plan effectively
- Strong attention to detail with high levels of accuracy
- A logical, solutions focused mind set
- Strong analytical skills
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.
Once you click apply you will be asked some questions to check you are eligible for this role. These will questions around your current situation, whether you’re happy with the salary, location etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a Competency Assessment. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference, please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.