What will you do as a Business Intelligence & Data Analytics Intern?
This incredibly rewarding placement opportunity is a unique and valuable way to gain exposure & experience across multiple areas of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics.
Working within the Business Intelligence Data Analytics teams, your main focus will be on gathering, analyzing and manipulating data, before using your findings to fuel business decisions, such as choosing which hotels we partner with.
But it doesn’t stop there! In addition to working with the internal analytics teams, you’ll also get to provide support to external stakeholders and customers. So, your role will be critical to the functioning and success of our business. Are you up for the challenge?
Your internship will run from mid-July 2022 until the end of July 2023.
We operate an agile working policy, so our teams spend 3 days per week in the office, whilst the remaining two days are spent working from home.
- Create monthly reports on hotel performance.
- Create detailed analysis of competitor, market, and customer trends, in addition to customer satisfaction levels, and market segmentation.
- Take ownership for assigned work streams related to the development, design and implementation of business strategies, functional capabilities, and enhanced business performance.
- Analyze contracts for gaps, mistakes, and anomalies, e.g., in hotel submissions
- Uncover travel industry trends in our data by performing research projects based on account manager input.
- Deliver analysis and reporting that supports the overall conversations our Account Managers have with Hotel & Car suppliers.
- Identify revenue opportunities, areas for content enhancement and highlight potential concerns and gaps in content, including rate and availability.
- Meet customers face-to-face or over webinars to get firsthand experience of the challenges facing OTAs (Online Travel Agency).
- And it doesn’t stop there! Your internship is what YOU make it, so reach out and grab every opportunity on offer – and there’ll be A LOT on offer.
An experience like no other…
This placement is not a standardized program, it’s a unique experience that will inspire, develop, and reward you.
We’ve built an incredible internship that intertwines your day-to-day role, learning & development, CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) work & a little something we call…Internpreneurship, where we give you the opportunity to literally change the business, how’s that for responsibility?!
But DON’T PANIC! You’re not doing this alone.
You’ll have an enthusiastic and passionate support network too. Your team, personal mentor, and a dedicated panel of Travelporters, will all be there to support & guide you throughout your Travelport journey.
Would you thrive in our workplace?
Studying a degree relevant to the internship is critical, as you never know, you may end up back with us as a grad in a similar role.
We know that parts of the job advert may look scary, but DON’T SWEAT! We will teach you everything you need to know, for you to be successful at your job.
BUT…what do we think could make you amazing at your job?
- A desire to own projects & add value
- A passion for improvement & innovation
- An ability to work with autonomy & accountability
- An eye for detail & a fearless mindset
Sound like you? You’d love it here! So… come & join us!
So, what’s in it for you?
A dynamic and multi-faceted placement experience for one; encompassing your day-to-day role, CSR work and solving real company problems. Interns also have Private Medical Insurance cover and access to a virtual GP 24/7, thousands of offers and discounts, flexible benefits such as the cycle to work scheme AND a potential bonus.
Imagine what you could achieve from a year of working with talented teams who genuinely want to help you develop into the professional you wish to become? PLUS, all the free tea, coffee, and hot chocolate you could ever want?! The possibilities are endless!!
Interested? Of course you are! Apply now! Everyone will get a response!
If the volume of applications we receive exceeds our expectations, we will need to close the application window early. So don't wait in applying!
To ensure that you find the right home in our business, we'd encourage you to explore all our intern opportunities, and pick the ONE that you feel suits you best.
Langley, Slough, Berkshire