Business IT Placement (12 months)
Apply by: 31.12.2021
Interested in joining Europe's leading engineering and technology company? Read on.
Siemens is driven to deliver innovative solutions that empower our customers to positively transform the industries that form the backbone of our economies. Throughout your Business IT Placement Year in Poole, you’ll experience what it means to work in IT for a global technology company.
During your 12-month placement you’ll work within Siemens IT, gaining invaluable on-the-job experience of projects and initiatives that drive and facilitate digitalisation and delivery of IT services to employees across Siemens AG.
In addition to on-the-job learning, you’ll also take part in our Internship Development Programme consisting of a solid set of modules to enhance your soft skills such as communication, collaboration and commercial awareness. This will enable you to expand your imagination, unleash your potential and lay the foundation for a meaningful career!
Starting in September, you’ll be supporting projects and initiatives that embrace digital innovation, bringing new ways of thinking and delivering value to Siemens.
The range of responsibilities in Siemens IT is broad and diverse, on your placement you’ll spend your time with one assigned team.
By the end of your year with us you’ll be equipped with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to prepare you for your professional career in Business IT.
Some of the responsibilities you may have include:
- Working closely with project managers to ensure key milestones of projects are met.
- Running regular reports to check the status of all IT projects across the region.
- Involved in the enhancements of the existing processes and tools to support global project management protocols.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders and cross-function teams to fulfil customer demands and business needs.
- Showcasing innovative technologies to our customers to foster new innovative way of working.
- Releasing communication for IT projects.
- Running campaigns and promoting IT services and initiatives.
- Managing digital media content.
- Delivering IT training to end users from the Siemens businesses.
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- You are studying towards a 2:2 or above in Business, Information Technology / Information Management combined with Business.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving.
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions.
- We’re looking for passionate teammates with the proficiency and attitude to succeed in the world of Business IT.
Due to the kind of projects we pursue daily, every one of our employees has a strong hand in shaping the future. Alongside this you will also receive:
- A competitive salary £18000.
- The flexibility to work both at home and in the office.
- A great holiday allowance of 26 days as well as a worthwhile pension scheme.
- The chance to buy and sell shares within the company
- Perks at Work – Discounts on everyday spending.
We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so alongside the above, we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit, discover the full range of options here.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Poole, United Kingdom