We are looking for future problem solvers and collaborators to join our fast-growing, global and innovative company. We will empower you from day one, and give you the autonomy and responsibility you need to thrive in your career with Ocado group. You will be given genuine development opportunities and continued support, giving you the building blocks for a successful career at Ocado group. Therefore, as a graduate you will join the community of our 20,000+ employees and feel empowered, bold and brilliant.
This is an exciting opportunity will allow you to rotate across four different mission areas:
- Group Operations/Client Services
- Platform Implementation;
- Solutions/Technology, and
- Ocado Logistics.
Your responsibilities will vary depending on placement but generally, in this programme, you will be working hands-on within the business, conducting practical project focused work to improve processes and generate new ideas. You will be involved in managing small to medium-sized projects in various business areas. Most importantly you will learn about all aspects of our multi-national FTSE 100 business to appreciate what makes us a leader in the fast-paced, dynamic technology world.
What being an Ocado Group Business Management grad means:
- You will have the opportunity to gain a wider business understanding through the large variety of rotations available;
- You will have the ability to immerse yourself in four completely different areas of our business and therefore learn from, and with a variety of different people;
- You will be supported throughout your placements by fantastic teams and with personal targets and development plans set out by your manager;
- You will have an array of learning & development opportunities throughout the programme such as a negotiation training course, a presentation skills workshop and the chance to enrol onto an accredited Project Management qualification;
- You will have a flexible work environment, a competitive salary and share schemes;
- You will have an array of benefits - a generous pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station, discounts across multiple retailers and, of course, healthy Ocado staff discounts (and free delivery).
We are innovators, we are creators and we are problem solvers. We are Ocado Group Grads, are you?
We offer flexibility on your location
Wherever possible, we offer the option to work from almost any location* for up to 30 calendar days a year, giving our teams the flexibility to be closer to family, expand their horizons, or simply have a change of scenery.
Balance and wellbeing are important to us, and taking a break is key. We also want everyone to use all of their annual leave. That’s why we offer you the possibility of attaching up to two weeks of annual leave to your work-from-anywhere, giving you the chance of extending your stay in your chosen destination.
*Conditions apply to where you can work from
We have a hybrid workplace
We embrace a hybrid working pattern because we know flexibility is crucial for our people.
Where the roles allow it, our teams work together in the office, two to three coordinated days a week. The focus is to relate, interact, and collaborate.
For the rest of the week, there is the option to work remotely.
We connect in person
We believe that working face to face is a huge part of the Ocado Group DNA. This is how we collaborate, learn and innovate.
Our ability to come together in our teams helps us to be great, and we’re passionate about keeping the connection intact.
We have a client first approach
Our relationships with our global partners are incredibly important, and we continue to nurture them.
Whenever possible, we favour face-to-face connections. We’re also taking a sensible approach. Where video conferencing is an effective means to connect with people, we expect to see less travel.
One size doesn’t fit all
We recognise that what may work for one area of the business may not work for another, so each business area leads the approach to the way they work.
Our Application Process
Applications to our schemes open on 4th October 2021 and should be made through the Ocado group website. Due to high volumes of applications our vacancy close dates are subject to change and our suggestion would be to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Applicants who successfully complete these will be invited to attend a Virtual Assessment Centre which is being held on the 17th November 2021 and 8th December 2021. We’ve designed the process to be able to get to know you and to see what you’re capable of. Successful candidates will be invited to begin their roles in September 2022.
Hatfield and Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs).