Business Systems Analyst, FIS University Program
Apply by: 31.12.2021
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in payments and financial services technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all, fun!
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join FIS as a Business Systems Analyst in the FIS University Program, based in Birmingham. This two-year program is suited to entry level joiners who aspire to develop a successful career with a leading fintech company!
Training for the role will mainly be on-the-job and you will also have an opportunity to participate in team projects, professional development seminars and access an online learning curriculum during the two-year program. You will work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success - including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
The UK program has a start date in September 2022 with a dedicated “Learning Week” where you will:
- Learn the unique nature of our industry, products, and the markets in which we work
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organisation
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of peers from across the organisation
Following the FIS University Program Learning week, you will continue your learning journey with your business unit and receive further functional training as you settle into your role.
About the Team
If you have ever made a debit, credit, or prepaid card payment, taken money out of your bank account from an ATM or used your contactless card at a payment terminal, then it’s likely that FIS Payments Team has played a part in moving your money! FIS software sits at the heart of many of the world’s largest banks, it forms part of the critical national infrastructure for many countries around the world and is used to create some of the most exciting innovations being introduced into the market today.
What you will be doing
As a Business Systems Analyst in FIS’ Professional Services team, you will be working for a leading software house specialising in card payment processing. You will be part of the team delivering projects to customers on multiple payments products owned by FIS.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the design of new customer-specific functionality per the provided requirements and internal standards
- Implementation of FIS card payment applications to customer sites – deployment, testing in house, support customer tests and production rollout
- Developing expertise in the card payment business and analysing customer requirements to be able to define functional specifications aligning to the customers’ needs
You will work closely with project managers and technical leads to deliver projects on time/to budget. As you build experience, your role may from time to time require you to travel abroad to work on customer sites - mainly in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
Who we are looking for
We are seeking motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or other numerate discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills – a confident communicator
- Proactive, enthusiastic with a strong ability to work well independently and within a team
- Highly organised, with good time management skills and an ability to multi-task
- Ability to build a network both internally and externally, and comfortable interacting with a diverse group of stakeholders
- You have a keen interest in finance/payment industry and technology
- Some knowledge of Programming Languages, Unix environment and relational databases is advantageous
- Travel and work abroad on customer sites as required
What we can offer you
- A multifaceted role, with an opportunity to gain a good degree of responsibility relatively quickly
- A competitive salary and excellent benefits: Medical and Health, Well-Being, Lifestyle, and travel insurance
- Structured onboarding program with networking opportunities
- Quarterly progression and development reviews during your first two years on the program
- Virtual learning curriculum to support your professional development
- A supportive work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- Opportunity to build your knowledge of the payments industry using innovative solutions
- Travel opportunities within UK/EMEA region for real exposure to our clients
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.