If you’re looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Tilney Smith and Williamson.
Tilney Smith & Williamson is the UK’s leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, looking after the financial affairs of individuals, families, and businesses for more than a century. We offer a wide range of end-to-end services to meet our clients’ needs throughout their life, and at every stage of their business lifecycle.
Our trainee schemes are structured training programmes combining practical experience with technical studies, as well as providing numerous opportunities to increase your skill set with internal courses ranging from personal impact and negotiation skills to time.
What will you be doing?
Our tax technology team advises our clients on the use of technology in tax to meet compliance and reporting requirement or to improve current processes. Our service spans across the full tax spectrum, including robotic process automation, data analytics, tax software implementation, and systems reviews. We also work closely with the professional services practice internally to deliver new technology strategies, contributing to new automated ways in which our colleagues deliver their services.
We believe that hands-on experience is key to creating well-rounded trusted tax technology consultants. This means you'll have exposure to multiple platforms and tax types across all of our offerings from the outset.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting on robotic automation projects, acting as business analyst and/or junior developer.
- Designing dashboard and analytics workflows or script as part of a data analytics project.
- Assisting in tax system implementations.
- Preparing technical documentation and project release notes.
- Participate in internal and external tax technology presentations and webinars.
- Acquiring and building relationships with your own clients
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the Association of Tax Technician ATT qualification and any specialist technology training
- Must have or be on course for at least a 2:2 honours degree in any discipline. Mathematics, science, and computer science degrees preferred but not essential
- 112 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English Language and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade 5
What training and development will you receive in your first few years?
- You will study for the Association of Tax Technicians ATT qualification, become a qualified robotics (RPA) developer, specialising in the UiPath software and commence a programme which focuses on IT service deliverables and will result in the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) qualification. Other platform certifications will be achieved and will focus on the core technologies and platforms in use within the firm and the wider market.
- You will receive on the job training and support, in order for you to develop technology, technical and interpersonal skills; trainees are encouraged to work with all members of the team, to share their experiences and to learn from others.
- In the first year, you can expect to gain a basic understanding of the technology solutions we work with and to be supporting with various client projects. You will be encouraged to support managers with the on-going running of the client accounts for several core clients, enabling you to develop a greater understanding of their clients’ businesses and to develop core client management skills from an early stage in their career.