You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
Building lasting relationships is at the heart of our business– and that’s exactly what members of our business development team do best. Use your entrepreneurial mindset and analytical approach to create rewarding opportunities for both our customers and yourself, while being backed by an iconic brand. Whether you’re helping our customers get the most value from our range of innovative products and services, or collaborating internally across teams to deliver new solutions, your work can help us become an essential part of our customers’ lives. Find your place in business development on #TeamAmex.
Business Unit/Role Specific Information
Business Development is critical for ensuring our organisation can grow. This comes from acquiring new customers whilst also growing our existing base. The Business Development team are responsible for a wide range of functions, from identifying and selling innovative ideas that make our customers’ lives easier, providing analytical support to drive business strategy, and crafting our long term vision for how we will meet our customer needs – both today and in the future. As a company that has a passion for service and the ability to adapt with the changing times, these functions are essential to our continued success.
As part of this team, you’ll be working on an exciting project aligned to the company’s strategic, operational and financial goals. You will have the opportunity to drive and lead a challenging project and contribute to our award-winning culture and network across our diverse business units and regions.
What type of work can you expect to do in Business Development at American Express?
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business and its needs
- Use innovative ways to prospect for new customers and improve the customer experience
- Research and analyse data to help American Express improve performance and drive growth
- Develop relationships with varied internal and external partners
- Lead end-to-end sales or marketing initiatives; develop and implement tests to measure effectiveness
- Track and report sales or marketing performance using a variety of key performance indicators to measure success and better understand the customer
- Share and utilise best practices, providing marketing consultancy to team
- A sample Business Development project could include using data and competitive information to build a market assessment, identifying a target market for sales activities and then contacting those clients
- Strong customer focus and relationship management skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to conceptualise and sell ideas
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve and use data to drive insights
- Demonstrated strategic thought leadership to get results
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme and in penultimate year of study with a graduation date of 2025.
In order for your application to be considered, please complete the below steps:
- Click on ‘Apply Now’
- Create a new username and password
- Complete and submit your application
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We would encourage you submit your applications early as applications may close before the deadline. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by November. The deadline for applications is 19 November.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the UK is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centres staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counselling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.