You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
Our industry is rapidly evolving, and we need courageous problem solvers who can shape the strategic decisions that lead our business forward. Whether it’s collaborating with some of our largest global partners or creating next year’s financial plan, you can influence both our day-to-day P&L and the future of the company. As part of the team, you can have the opportunity to learn and use the latest data tools and technologies and explore a range of roles to grow your career. Find your place in finance on #TeamAmex.
Business Unit/Role Specific Information
Our Finance team is at the heart of all key business decisions in American Express. You will join our world-class global network of change makers, discover how Finance goes beyond the numbers and craft the future of the business. You will diversify your skill set and gain exposure by working on high profile projects – structure complex problems to identify areas of value and consult the business to drive more profitable decisions.
Our well-established Summer Internship Programme will provide high-performing students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in projects that have strategic, operational or financial significance to the company. Interns will work on a challenging project, with an opportunity to learn about the culture and values of American Express, as well as network across regions and functions.
- Business acumen – ability to see the bigger picture, bring external knowledge in discussions and collaborate to influence senior leadership
- Analytical skills – ability to generate hypothesis, manage large dataset do draw conclusions and share actionable insights to the business
- Coding skills - Eagerness to learn /code in SQL to drive analyses leveraging our big data environments – other programming languages such as Phyton welcomed
- Presentation skills – explain the story behind data to all audiences and clearly prepare slides independently
- Soft skills - Ability to build trustworthy relationships across teams and networking effectively
- Currently enrolled in full-time Bachelor’s degree program, with a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
- Students must graduate in 2025.
In order for your application to be considered, please complete the below steps:
- Click on ‘Apply Now’
- Create a new username and password
- Complete and submit your application
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We would encourage you submit your applications early as applications may close before the deadline. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by November. The deadline for applications is 19 November.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact our Campus Recruitment Team.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centres staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counselling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.