Who are Caterpillar? What do we do?
We are the world's leading manufacturer of Construction and Mining Equipment, and one of the world’s most respected Companies and Brands in the World. By following our industrial placement scheme you will be able to explore various roles and disciplines around the business to help develop your career. Our core values (Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Commitment and Sustainability) are key to our success.
The supply chain function covers many areas including Order to Delivery, Demand Management, Material Supply. Transportation and Compliance and Supplier Quality.
What experiences can we offer you?
The main focus of this department is to operate on a tactical / strategic basis to ensure our supply chain drives towards excellence in efficiency, reliability and flexibility. Through a World Class Supply Chain, Caterpillar is able to support our partners, customers and shareholders to yield greater returns and therefore contribute towards our corporate and divisional strategy.
As a Supply Chain Analyst, you will collaborate with global suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules, and resolves issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for the facility production.
You will be working with the facility production schedulers and operations personnel to support facility production and point of use material availability.
There will also be an opportunity for you to collaborate with the purchasing, quality and manufacturing operations teams. Along with getting involved in exciting projects including New Product Introduction. Working as part of this small team you will really get to make a positive impact during your placement.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure timely delivery of materials to the facility
- Manage the creation of purchase orders
- Liaise with Suppliers on NPI & ECNs
- Supplier collaboration to meet facility production plans
- Utilize root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues
- Requisition materials and regulate inventory levels
- Manage and perform supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components
- Support supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
- Deliver improvements in point of use material availability
- Understand and Involvement in trade compliance.
Working with experienced team members you will receive all the coaching, guidance and support for your work and personal development. It is our intention that you will be given opportunities to develop your knowledge and experience within a real world setting. Our aim is that these industrial placement opportunities provide the firm foundations necessary for a long and successful future career.
We will provide you with a mentor to support you throughout your professional development to help you gain Chartered or Incorporated Status. We also operate a conditional offers process, our highest performing placement students are fast tracked to our graduate development scheme with a conditional offer of employment upon returning to university. This includes a financial incentive and the potential of a summer work placement.
We really value diversity at Caterpillar and the benefits to our business it provides – we will provide you the opportunity to collaborate and share your creative ideas throughout your career.
Who are we looking for?
Successful Applicants will be on track to obtaining a 2:1 in one of the following degrees
Supply Chain, Logistics or a Business Related
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate their ability to employ the following characteristics:
- An adaptable approach.
- Highly reliable and professional manner
- Be able to develop excellent business relationships
- Become an ambassador of the Caterpillar Values in Action.
- Ability to complete logical problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Strategic thinking when required
- Creative thinking as appropriate
- Negotiation skills
- Responsible and accountable attitude
- Timely and effective decision making
- Ability to travel if required
- Ability to use presentation / project management / data analysis software
We will provide you the training and support you need to be successful at Caterpillar.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!