Who are Caterpillar?
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Operating from 50 countries around the globe, the Caterpillar brand has developed into a symbol of strength, respect, and integrity. The organisation has a clear vision to be the global leader in providing customer value in the markets in which it operates. Our core values (Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Commitment and Sustainability) are key to our success.
What do we do?
Shrewsbury is part of Caterpillar’s Industrial Power Systems Division and employ over 250 people. The site is responsible for the design, development, manufacture and remanufacture of heavy-duty diesel engine and powertrain products for a variety of specialist applications, from locomotives to main battle tanks. The supply chain function covers many areas including Order to Delivery, Demand Management, Material Supply. Transportation and Compliance and Supplier Quality.
What experiences can we offer you?
The main focus of this department is to operate on a tactical / strategic basis to ensure our supply chain drives towards excellence in efficiency, reliability and flexibility. Through a World Class Supply Chain, Caterpillar is able to support our partners, customers and shareholders to yield greater returns and therefore contribute towards our corporate and divisional strategy.
As a Supply Chain Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Timely delivery of materials to the facility
- Supplier collaboration to meet facility production plans
- Utilize root cause corrective actions to resolve quality and supplier performance issues
- Analyse established parts schedules and production requirements
- Convert requirements into appropriate piece parts
- Requisition materials and regulate inventory levels
- Manage and perform supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components
- Support supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics.
- Deliver improvements in point of use material availability
- Provide Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning
- Day to day management of haulier bookings
- Provide Customs clearance procedures
- Understand and Involvement in trade compliance, including impact of Brexit
There will also be an opportunity for you to collaborate with the purchasing, quality and manufacturing operations teams. Along with getting involved in exciting projects including New Product Introduction. Working as part of this small team you will receive all the coaching, guidance and support for your work and personal development. You will really get to make a positive impact during your placement and you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and experience within a real world setting.
Who are we looking for?
As the type of roles within our business are becoming more diverse we are looking for people who are open minded, excellent problem solvers and who have an ability to learn quickly. And at the same time, we need an individual who can think independently and use initiative. Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills are required to interact with people from the business at all levels.
Applicants should be studying for a degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or Business related and be on track to achieve at minimum of a 2:2.
Other relevant degrees will be considered.
How to Apply:
Please only apply for one discipline. You will be given the option of applying for a second discipline during the application process.
Caterpillar is an equal opportunity employer.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!