About Caterpillar and what we do
We are the world's leading manufacturer of Construction and Mining Equipment, and one of the world’s most respected Companies and Brands. By joining our graduate scheme, you will be able to explore various roles and disciplines around the business to help develop your career. Our core values (Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Commitment and Sustainability) are key to our success.
Energy and Transportation (E&T) Procurement provides Caterpillar with a sustainable competitive advantage by helping us to select, manage, develop and collaborate with a worldwide supply base. With over $5 Billion of annual material purchases across 40+ global facilities, placing this spend with the very best external suppliers is vital to the performance of the business. Delivering the lowest total cost for the materials, parts and services that our business needs is a vital element of Caterpillar’s strategy.
What experiences can we offer you?
During this two-year rotational training programme, you will be given the opportunity to experience different aspects of procurement, designed to provide you with an excellent foundation in the function.
Rotations may include:
- Facility supply – supporting supply chain and quality departments to improve supplier performance.
- Product supply – supporting New Product Introduction programmes.
- Category Purchasing – supplier relationship and performance management of engine component suppliers covering multiple Caterpillar facilities.
- Supplier Quality – Improving supplier quality performance with robust APQP/PPAP and supplier intervention.
- Indirect purchasing – supporting the facility operations with non-engine component supplies.
In each rotation, you will face a wide variety of challenges and have responsibility for either NPI (new product introduction) programs or managing supplier accounts, you will work closely with the extended global purchasing teams, engage and visit global suppliers and directly contribute to Caterpillar’s success.
What happens after the graduate scheme?
After successful completion of the rotational programme, you will be promoted into a Category or Product buyer position where you will be directly managing your own portfolio of spend and suppliers. We will provide you with the training and support you need to be successful at Caterpillar.
Who are we looking for?
- Individuals that can demonstrate a highly participative working style and who can thrive working in a team of committed professionals.
- Individuals with great analytical skills, presentation skills and an ability to communicate at all levels.
- Graduates or prospective Graduates that are on track to achieve or have achieved a 2:2 in Business, Procurement or Engineering.
- Holders of a full UK driving license.
How do I apply?
You will be given the option of applying for a second discipline during the application process, however you will not be considered for all applications.
We hold a Meet and Greet day for all new UK graduates and we also have a vibrant Young Professionals chapter at Peterborough which organises various social activities.
Caterpillar is an equal opportunity employer.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!