Who are Caterpillar?
We are the world's leading manufacturer of Construction and Mining Equipment,diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. By joining our graduate scheme, you will be able to explore various roles and disciplines around the business to help develop your career. Our core values (Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Commitment and Sustainability) are key to our success.
What do we do?
Our Marketing teams focus their attention on understanding current and future market and customer needs, analysing opportunities and defining the brand and product positioning. Our Sales teams maintain relationships with existing customers whilst winning new business from our competitors. It sounds easy, and we have an enviable record of success on both counts, but the real challenge is to keep us where we are – at the forefront.
What experiences can we offer you?
You will undertake a four, six-month placements in the differing functional areas of Sales, Marketing, Product Support and Parts Marketing. Within each placement we look to develop solid personal learning and development experiences, combined with formal developmental training. At the same time we look to the graduate to deliver solid business contributions, which may be as part of a 6 Sigma team, Project team, shaping and delivering a sales conference or developing a sales proposition in support of a customer visit. Given the global focus of our business placements can include overseas travel on occasion.
- Throughout this process the graduate will have the opportunity to draw on support and guidance as necessary from our Graduate Manager and an assigned mentor.
- We have previous graduates in leadership positions and in key roles across each functional of our teams. With over 90,000 employees globally, Caterpillar provides broad career opportunities and a diverse work environment.
- We will provide you the training and support you need to be successful at Caterpillar.
- We really value diversity at Caterpillar and the benefits to our business it provides – we will provide you the opportunity to collaborate and share your creative ideas throughout your career.
Who are we looking for?
Real ambassadorial roles such as these demand outgoing, assured and influential personalities. We are looking for individuals from either of two different backgrounds:
- Applicants coming from an engineering backgrounds tend to work mainly in technical sales and customer liaison, within areas such as applications engineering;
- Applicants from a business background who can develop their experience in areas such as marketing planning, engines or parts sales, parts marketing, pricing or market intelligence.
The technical route requires an Engineering-related degree. Others need a Business Studies, Marketing or similar qualification. We will consider degrees outside these if individuals show some technical competence and a willingness to learn. Applicants must be on track to or have achieved a 2.2.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!