Chatteris tutors are placed full-time in local Hong Kong schools to help raise students’ English language proficiency. Through dynamic interactions which enhance the English language environment, tutors motivate students to learn and use English every day.
Our tutors inspire young minds by collaborating with local English teaching staff to plan and deliver exciting and engaging lessons. They also organise interactive workshops, instructive tutorials, and experiential events which complement the school’s curriculum and empower students’ confidence and ability.
What can you expect from us?
- Training and feedback sessions throughout the programme (no experience or teaching certificate required)
- Sponsored work visa (we apply on your behalf)
- Orientation and settling-in support
- Accommodation provided during orientation
- Financial and logistical help to find accommodation
- Opportunities to work on a number of community projects outside of school
- Career mentorship, professional development workshops, and networking events
- Opportunities for career advancement
- An active social community
- Cantonese lessons and cultural workshops
- Welfare and emergency support
Contract: Full-time, 9 months (option to extend)
Start date: Orientation begins on Friday 9 August 2024
End date: Friday 30 May 2025
Salary: $17,000 HKD per month
Holidays: HK Public Holidays, Christmas, Lunar New Year and Easter
What do we expect from you?
- A university degree (any discipline)
- Very high level of English proficiency
- An interest in working with children, teenagers or young adults
- A proactive and creative nature
- Cultural sensitivity and openness