Chemical and Process Engineering Graduate Scheme 2022
South East +6
Transform our urban legacy
Are you ready to be part of a well-respected team with a solid reputation in the design, engineering and project management industry? Join our Graduate Development Programme, where you'll be trusted with complex work, receiving all levels of support from line managers to senior leaders.
While you grow in areas that excite you, we also encourage you to maintain a positive work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Speak to us about how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about some of our recent pledges for women's equality and how we're Disability Confident and an inclusive employer.
With Atkins, you'll be in great company.
Where you could work
As a chemical engineer graduate, you'll enjoy variety within your role. Whether it’s the design of an airport, bridge, railway station, university campus, nuclear power station or an offshore windfarm, you’ll help us to deliver outstanding projects that respond to the needs and resources of a contemporary world. Whatever your ambitions we’ve a role to match your passion and degree, while our training will help you achieve Chartered status and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
You can join the following business areas:
Help us reimagine our places and spaces, from transport-hubs to university campuses, industrial facilities and critical flood defence schemes. Across all our markets, we touch every aspect of the social and economic framework. We provide mechanical, electrical, ICA (instrumentation, control and automation) and process engineering skills and expertise to water companies, supporting their capital (both new build and refurbishment) and operational (problem solving on existing sites) projects and programmes.
Nuclear and Power
Join the teams that have been engineering, delivering, managing and decommissioning nuclear facilities worldwide for over 20 years, from new builds like Hinkley Point C to on-site engineering for clients such as EDF. We're driving evolution in the areas of offshore generation and transmission, energy from waste, electric vehicle infrastructure and the integration of smart grid technology. And we're also proud to play a part in reaching net-zero by 2050.
Oil & Gas and Offshore Wind
We have worked on thousands of global installations and can give you unparalleled exposure across, fixed and floating offshore structures, terminals, refineries, petrochemical plants and subsea pipelines. Using innovative and immersive technologies, you'll develop your skillset to work on complex challenges, helping governments and corporations solve problems sustainably and make mission-critical decisions with confidence
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Kent. We’re a leading international integrated energy services company, launched in August 2021, when Kentech acquired ATKINS SNC-Lavalin’s Oil and Gas Business. To find out more about Kent and our culture, visit: www.kentplc.com.
All applications will be managed by the ATKINS (part of the SNC-Lavalin Group) Recruitment team.
We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Different views and opinions enhance our ability to provide value-added performance and better services for our clients. That’s why we believe different, makes a difference. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our graduate programme has been designed to give you an insight into the huge variety and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development within your chosen role, you’ll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You’ll work towards your professional accreditation; whichever path you take, your future starts here.
What you’ll need?
- A passion for working in a consultancy environment
- Embracing equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Enthusiasm and drive to develop your skillset and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve professional accreditation (where applicable)
- Comfortable to embrace agile ways of working and learning new technologies
Meeting your needs
We aim to promote a workplace which allows our people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to create a healthy workplace and support your well-being:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join and a further payment of £2,500 when you achieve chartered status or reach an equivalent stage in your professional development
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays. You also have the option to buy an additional 15 days or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible working arrangements
- 2 paid volunteer days per year, to be used with a charity or initiative of your choice
- An assigned graduate buddy upon joining & a collaborative graduate network across all locations
- Support to achieve Chartered status or equivalent with a relevant institution
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- Annual Graduate Events
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Access to all employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
- Opportunities to further develop yourself by applying to our Women’s Professional Development Programme and ethnic minority Empowering Programme
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply Now" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are able to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us.
Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.
Aberdeen, Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Derby, Edinburgh, Epsom, Glasgow
South East, South West, West Midlands, Northern Ireland, Aberdeen and North East, Edinburgh and Lothian, Glasgow