Exciting minds with our Future Leaders graduate programme – Chemical Engineering
Education required: Chemical Engineering degree or related IChemE accredited degrees with relevant Chemical Engineering modules.
Start date: September 2021
We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible.
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for leaders of the future in Chemical Engineering
Are you a Chemical engineering graduate with the skills and passion to design, develop, improve and maintain robust, leading-edge manufacturing processes? If so, you could be part of our supportive engineering team, ensuring we have the latest, safe, efficient and reliable processes to deliver billions of packs of life-saving medicines to customers every year.
Develop your leadership potential on our Future Leaders graduate programme
Over three years and three stretching rotations, our Future Leaders Graduate programme will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll get to meet senior leaders and network with diverse graduates from across GSK. You’ll also receive a generous development budget to accelerate your learning. Which all adds up to a role that’s designed to transform talented engineers into key, senior figures.
What will you do?
You can expect to work on:
- A range of different products and technologies including bulk manufacturing, sterile processes, granulation, compression, distillation
- New product introduction from R&D to manufacturing
- Identifying opportunities for safety and environmental improvements, including HAZOP and risk assessments
- Troubleshooting production problems in a manufacturing facility
- Design, installation, commissioning & validation of new processes and equipment
Tailored training – and great career progression
We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for a successful career. After you complete our Programme, you’ll have the skills to become a leader of the future. There’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Developing your skills in an industry that’s making radical changes to the way it develops and manufactures products
- Building an understanding of the state-of-the-art technologies we use
- Working with (and in) cross-functional, multi-cultural teams – delivering business critical projects.
- Having a generous development budget to accelerate your learning
- A relevant engineering degree and be keen to learn.
- The ability to work with and build relationships with key stakeholders
- To be a self-motivated and proactive graduate
- To be enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- To be a natural team worker
- The ability to adapt to change and stay focused under pressure
- To be analytical and process-driven with excellent attention to detail.
- Great communication skills and a gift for solving problems
- A genuine interest in pharmaceutical manufacturing
Our Future Leaders Programme is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant experience in the area to which they’re applying. Of course, many graduates who join the programme have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already worked in a professional role in your sector, you’re welcome to apply, but you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses.
- A salary of £30,000
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Relocation Allowance (eligibility will be confirmed once your first location is confirmed)
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
Get to grips with our recruitment process
Watch a video and find tips on our website.
We’ll close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible. You’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. #ManufacturingandSupplyFLP
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it’s the right thing to do.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!