Architecture Interior Design Internship in China
Internship Placements in a sector of your Choice, sharpen your skills and develop your Job Application portfolio under supervision
Internship combined with Mentoring and Coaching to shape your next steps and brand you for the Job market. Interact with experts from the silicon Valley and Wall Street
Explore China like a local, learn Chinese language make friends from all over the world and network into China’s Business community
Join our Alumni group for Job connections and Job Database
About the Company & Position
As one of the top 50 UK, Scotland’s most respected architectural practices, Holmes Miller has a reputation for delivering innovative and intelligent solutions. Holmes Miller works with clients across all sectors, including master planning, sports, commercial, residential, healthcare, education, custodial and industrial. Holmes Miller has a reputation for delivering innovative and intelligent solutions.
The practice was established in 1951 and now has an experienced and specialist team of over 50 staff. Holmes Miller approach and methodology is customer orientated, agreeing standards at the outset and responding with a client-centred, professional service, providing good value and high quality solutions which our clients can be proud.
Over the last sixty years Holmes Miller has built a reputation as a dynamic, client orientated practice, focused on the successful delivery of design solutions to public and private sector clients. A high percentage of repeat business is evidence of continued success and client satisfaction.
The projects we are currently doing include master planning, commercial, retail, residential and interior design. Our work mainly covers concept design stage, we also coordinate with LDI (Local Design Institution) to produce a comprehensive design package. We emphasize details and the incorporation of local cultures into our design process.
Job Description Architecture Intern
The work scope may depend on the internship's ability and stage of the project.
It may include:
- Express the design with Rhino, SketchUp and 3Dmax, 2D proficiency with AutoCAD and graphic design proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator and In-Design.
- Thrive in a fast paced and rigorous studio with associated deadline pressures, and must also be capable of working within a collaborative and supportive team environment.
- initiate and develop conceptual design ideas within a group with minimal supervision
- Assist to prepare high quality design concept presentations
- Assisted the designer to complete the conceptual design, the project intention drawing and the submission of the sketch;
- Responsible for the collection and sorting of drawings and related materials;
- Submission of plane, elevation and sectional view;
- Completed other tasks assigned by the designer.
- Enrolment in a degree program for architecture, interior design, landscape design or urban planning
- Strong graphic and design talent and excellent physical model-making skills
- Fluency in spoken English a must, Mandarin Chinese a plus
- Strong knowledge of common design and layout software
Job description Interior Designer
The designer will work as part of multidisciplinary team on construction design or interior architecture and design projects, and perform a variety of tasks, such as proving CAD support and assistance in completing and preparing project’s specifications, construction drawings, design studies and sketches in all or part phases.
Desired skills and experience
- This position is currently available in Beijing China. We are looking for highly ambitious, talented individuals to join us. Experienced architects are wonderful. The bachelor degree or better is needed. Interns and students are also welcome.
- This position requires excellent interpersonal and organizational skills for working within an overall design team environment. The candidate has excellent presentation and communication skills and can speak fluent English.
Our Programs and designed to guarantee safety and peace of mind. From the time of application, arrival and departure from China, we have combined comprehensive programs to meet your expectations.
- Get a Customized program to your career fit with a personal Program Consultant
- Internship Placement into a Sectors of your Choice
- Career Mentoring with Coaches from the Silicon Valley and Wall Street
- Study Chinese Language ( 4 lessons per week)
- Accommodation: live with others interns in a community
- Insurance worth $100k
- Networking events
- Social Activities
- Trips to historical sites
- Access to Alumni Group for Job referrals