We at Cisco are looking for a ‘Graduate Software DevOps Engineer’ - to join us at an exciting, transformational, period for Enterprise IT in a role that provides opportunities to work with the latest technology and the brightest minds in one of the world’s leading IT companies.
What you’ll do
- Be coached by world-class leaders who will challenge and mentor you. Join with a team of new graduates all starting your careers together, increase your professional development whilst meeting the demands of your projects and programs.
- Within a small, global agile team:
- Deploy and maintain business critical applications in production at Cisco scale.
- Be a critical part of the development team by implementing and deploying complex software applications.
- Apply software engineering best practices along with a security first mindset in a Scrum team.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and skills of current and emerging technologies to improve existing Cisco products.
- Present, share and demonstrate your work to team members and customers.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for technology and problem solving, ideally with solid academic foundations in engineering disciplines:
A Bachelor's degree (or higher)
- Excellent knowledge of operating systems (e.g Linux) and databases (SQL or NoSQL)
- Fundamentals in at least one OOP language e.g Java, Python, C++
- Familiarity with deploying and maintaining applications in a production environment
- Familiarity with virtualisation software and containers (e.g Docker)
- Experience using version control systems such as Git
- Understanding of strong security practices
What we offer
At Cisco, we truly believe in the well-being of our employees and work-life balance, and our benefits package is designed to reflect this. On top of your remuneration package, you may be entitled to receive these Benefits & Perks as part of our People Deal and benefits package. (May vary location)
Apply by 15th November to attend our Assessment centre in December.
Our selection process is as follows: Application - Recruiter Telephone Assessment - Hiring Team Telephone Interview – Cisco IT day incorporating an Assessment Centre.
You must be able to live and work in the UK. EU visa sponsorship is available, unfortunately, we do not sponsor International visas.
Why you will love Cisco:
At Cisco, we connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Life in Cisco IT:
In Cisco IT, we are uniquely positioned to see how the rest of the business operates – because between us - we support everyone! The possibilities to create, to build solutions that impact transformational change are endless because change is our constant.
Our team is everywhere, and so whilst based in the UK, we regularly work with people across the world and occasionally travel to meet each other.
We are devoted to spreading the word about technology in the community and ask our graduate hires to do the same, allocating 10-20% of their time in the first year to initiatives such as IamIT in schools and STEM events. In addition to this we like to have fun and have regular team events.
Don’t take our word for it, check out what some of our recent hires are saying! #wearecisco
- Vicky Dineshchandra: Software Engineering in Cisco IT
- Marianna Pittokopiti: The First Two Months
- Patryk Sobczak & Leo Cassius: Journey of an Intern and Graduate
- Daniel Cookson, Aliyah Butt & Alex Naggar: Early Life at Cisco
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!