Why You'll Love Cisco
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you'll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You'll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.
At Cisco, our team is dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining top early university talent to shape our future and we want you! Opportunity to learn, gain sales experience and grow within Cisco. The purpose of this program is to expose students to Cisco's technology and customers while providing hands-on training and group project experience. Become Cisco's next generation of sales leaders through an accelerated early in career development path. Join us and explore how Cisco changes the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns.
What You'll Do:
The Worldwide Sales internship program is specifically designed for university students and offers the opportunity to learn and gain technical sales and consulting experience within Cisco. Students will be exposed to Cisco's technology and customers while gaining hands-on training and group project experience. Upon completion of the internship, opportunities exist to become Cisco's next generation of sales leaders through an accelerated early in career development path.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Working with Engineering to diagnose and resolve critical issues.
- Programming script-based development tools.
- Programming in an embedded software environment
What you need to be eligible:
- Currently in your penultimate year pursuing a bachelors or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Information Technology, MIS, Mathematics, Physics, or other equivalent degree in a technical discipline is required (an emphasis on software design practices preferred)
- Strong academic background with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for technology, creative thinker and problem solver
- Application centric skills
- Strong skills: Communication, influencing, organization, adaptability, flexibility, and highly self-motivated
- Demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills, team work, ability to work in collaborative environment - all with a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, and must be able to legally live and work in UK, without visa support or sponsorship. (student visas or visas obtained on your own are not applicable for the program.)
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!