Citi’s paid ten-week Markets and Securities Services Summer Analyst Program offers the ideal opportunity to hone your skills, build your professional network and establish a long-term career with us. Because at Citi, career growth is not a question of if – but when.
You’ll join the EMEA Markets and Securities Services team within Sales and Trading. We advise our clients on the best investment opportunities, and buy, sell and structure across equities, commodities, credit, futures, and FX on their behalf.
Our Program will give you the opportunity to actively participate in the research, trading and marketing of securities to our institutional client base. Don’t worry if all this is new to you now as the internship will give you the training and support you need to excel.
What the internship involves
Your Program will start in June with a week’s training in London. You’ll then complete two rotations on different trading desks. Rotations will be decided by desk availability and your preferences, although you’ll be encouraged to experience a sales, trading or structuring desk. Top-performing Summer Analysts return to Citi after graduation to work as a full-time Analyst, rotating across both product and function to gain a well-rounded experience.
An internship comprises a mixture of training, social events and professional experiences. Your ten weeks will be spent doing any or all of the following:
- Collecting and analyzing macro market and industry-specific information to assist your team
- Working with your peers to complete projects and pitch trade ideas
- Building and utilizing your network by work-shadowing a variety of desks and asset classes across the trading floor
- Assisting in preparing internal documentation and presentations for your team
- Taking part in discussions with product heads across the business
- Learning and building your knowledge on how to make prices, manage risk and execute trades across all asset classes.
- You’re in your penultimate/final year of university, or have graduated with a 2:1 or equivalent in any discipline
- You have 128 UCAS points or equivalent
- You have an interest in business – markets in particular
And that’s not all. A global perspective on the future of banking and the drive to make an impact at a corporate level are vital, too. We also look for the following:
- Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn and develop a deep understanding of the financial industry, success in team environments
- Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th December
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!