What we're doing
We're on a mission to build the UK's finest digital infrastructure and accelerate its full fibre future - transforming the way we live, work and communicate.
With 8 million homes and businesses to connect in our sights, and a £4bn investment programme to make it happen, we have a busy and exciting journey ahead. We need the next generation of innovative thinkers and go-getters to help us achieve this!
Joining CityFibre as a graduate is an exciting opportunity to gain some hands-on experience, working alongside a team who are passionate about, and committed to, setting a new benchmark for speed, affordability and customer service as we revolutionise the UKs digital future.
What's in it for you
We expect a lot from our teams, but we also want everyone to feel supported and empowered in helping us deliver our mission. That's why we make sure to provide opportunities for you to learn, develop your career, use your talents, and fulfil your potential. We want everyone to know and feel that CityFibre is a place where we can be ourselves, with all the things that make us similar and different. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
With a competitive starting salary of £24,000, you'll receive incremental increases over a set period, providing you are achieving your set objectives. You'll also get benefits like 25 days holiday, a day off on your birthday, pension scheme, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice and private healthcare.
What will you be doing
As our Graduate Capacity Management Fibre Planner, you'll be helping to take the lead on developing solutions to maximise network performance through monitoring, target upgrades, and collaborating with our Network Architects and Engineers on network optimisation.
Some of your more key responsibilities include:
- Interrogating and interpreting information systems
- Designing suitable fibre optic infrastructure that's cost effective, fit for purpose and future proof
- Undertaking site surveys, this means you'll need to have a full driving license and access to a car
- Forecasting capex and opex requirements on designed projects
- Producing detailed, industry standard, documentation of design projects
- Our Learning & Development team will also put together a personalised development plan, designed to help you expand your knowledge and technical skills, while your Line Manager will work closely with you to help you understand how CityFibre operates as a whole, beyond your immediate team.
What will you bring
You'll be a natural creative problem solver who has a good understanding of fibre planning and experience of information gathering, evaluation and synthesis. It's also important for you to have;
- Experience handling and manipulating raw data
- Working knowledge of FTTP architecture, components, and materials
- Working knowledge of all aspects of civil route planning
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, working to tight deadlines
- When you join us, you'll work closely with your team to refine your skills, broaden your knowledge and kickstart a successful, long-lasting career that grows with our business.
The CityFibre Way is how we think, act and work. It's our way of doing things. We back each other, think smart and act fast, and we love giving it our best to build a legacy together. When these four behaviours come together, they shape our culture to bring out the best in us, set us apart from our competition, and make our customers remember us.
It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to unleash Britain's potential in a digital age. There's never been a more exciting time to join the team!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!