About the programme
Over the course of two years, you’ll learn that civil and structural engineering is all about people. It’s about making public services and facilities better and everyone’s everyday life easier.
From building the next generation of nuclear power stations to supporting the Royal Navy, your work here will have a real impact on making our world safer, simpler and better connected.
As part of this programme, we encourage mobility across our sectors to give you a broader experience and wider exposure to our business.
Civil and Structural Engineering at Babcock
The possibilities are many and varied. You might be helping to modernise facilities and infrastructure or designing cutting-edge structures for the nuclear industry.
We do a lot of work for the Ministry of Defence (MOD), which alone offers a whole world of varied opportunities. You might even work with the Royal Navy to adapt the UK’s dockyard services to meet the demands of a modern naval fleet.
Whatever you work on, you can be sure you’ll be making a real difference to everyday life in the UK.
What you'll need
- A BEng (Hons) degree is vital. And because the programme is accredited by the IMechE, IET, RINA, ICE, our preference is that your degree is also accredited by the relevant institution too.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Graduate Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partner Gen Healthy Minds, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.
Start date: Autumn 2024
Across the UK