Ferrovial Construction is looking for Graduate Engineers to assist with, and in some cases be responsible for, day to day activities on a variety of major UK infrastructure projects. The Ferrovial 3-year graduate development programme is designed to develop personal, professional and technical skills through a blended approach. You will work under the supervision of Section/Project Managers and in collaboration with the site team.
Key Responsibilities: Contribute to the achievement of Health and Safety in accordance with company policy and ensure quality on our projects is upheld.
- To assist in the co-ordination of the team activities to ensure that the project is completed on budget and on time, in line with the agreed construction process.
- To work with the procurement team to ensure compliance with financial parameters.
- To assist in ensuring the project complies with health, safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- To assist the Project Manager on the management of the team, giving advice on appropriate resourcing levels, effective performance management, employee development and motivation.
- Adopting and promoting Ferrovial Construction UK Vision and Values. Taking ownership for the work assigned to you.
- Adhere to safe working practice regulations on site and ensure all staff comply with the requirement.
Skills & experience
We are looking for graduates with:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels
- Excellent written and oral English language
- Degree or Masters in Engineering (All disciplines considered)
- Right to work in the UK & Ireland
- Motivated to learn and add value to the team, the role and the Graduate programme
- Analytical thinker who enjoys problem solving
- A proven team player who can effectively work with others
- Enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proactive approach to working and learning
- Commercial awareness and an understanding of the industry
- Familiar with all Microsoft packages
- Highly motivated
- Logical thinker with a willingness to learn
- Resilient and a flexible approach to working
- Results driven with strong communication skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Engineering experience
- CSCS Card
What we offer On the Ferrovial Construction Graduate programme you will get:
- 3-year development programme in line with the UK engineering framework
- Exposure in a diverse range of engineering disciplines
- Work with Contractors and Sub-contractors to develop effective partnerships
- Attend a variety of blended training to develop your technical, professional and behavioural skills
- You will start the process of becoming chartered with internal and external support
- You will either be given a project to work on or be given a small “Package” to manage from start to finish
- Gain an understanding of Ferrovial Construction from a global perspective, with mobility opportunities
- And much more!
If you have graduated already, you will be able to start as soon as possible If you graduate this year (2021) then you can start as soon as you have finished your formal exams.
Ferrovial Construction UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely based on skills and experience.
Please note that this job description does not represent a comprehensive list of activities and employees may be requested to undertake other reasonable duties
London, Birmingham, Milton Keynes, Bicester, Aylesbury, Banbury, Oxford