We are Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transforms how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people’s energy. We’re looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what’s possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
At Schlumberger Abingdon, UK, we are seeking bright and motivated recent graduates and final year students to design, develop, test and support operations across a range of our Software as a Service products. The focus of the team is the delivery of leading commercial Software as a Service products to help experts in the energy sector across a variety of domains.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to learn commercial software development, either as a Front-End, Back-End or Full-Stack Cloud Software Engineer. To develop our cloud products, we follow the latest best practices in the industry, the successful applicant will gain experience in Golang, Angular, Docker, Kubernetes and much more, as they engineer and develop our microservices-based systems.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to:
- Design and develop apps and workflows.
- Build automated tests.
- Contribute to the automated deployment and build pipelines.
- Support the software reliability engineering and contribute to the software operation.
- Participate in technical reviews of requirements, designs, code and other SCRUM ceremonies.
- Create and maintain app/workflow documentation.
- Share expertise throughout Schlumberger and expand his/her informal network.
- Identify and keep abreast of new technical concepts in cloud software development.
Qualifications and competencies:
The candidate must be a recent graduate or final year student studying either Computer Science, or STEM Discipline with programming experience.
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Ability to write clean and efficient code
- Ability to innovate and solve complex problems
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for software and technology
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
- Ability to combine technical skills and design sensibilities
Experience in any of the following would be preferred:
- Cloud platforms (e.g. Google Cloud Platform & Microsoft Azure) and IBM Openshift
- Container platforms and orchestration
- C++ or C#, or preferably Go
- Angular or other front-end framework
- Microservices or API development
- Experience with SRE based operation and continuous integration and deployment
- Machine Learning and Data Science
- Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.