Whether you are studying art or architecture, business studies or social studies there is a place for you on our Commercial Banking Graduate Programme. You can explore how your skills can adapt to different areas of our business while developing new skills to help kick-start your career in the Commercial Bank.
As the world’s leading international commercial, trade and payments bank, Commercial Banking helps make business work. We are the only bank with the depth and reach to support customers with all their financial needs, providing them with end-to-end banking solutions and advice wherever they choose to do business. This is our differentiator – and we’re leveraging it to open up a world of opportunity for our customers. By joining us you will play a key role in helping these businesses succeed at the same time as developing your own skills.
On our 18-month programme, you will complete three rotations, each lasting six months. As well as equipping you with a broad experience of our Commercial Bank, the programme will help you build a network, give you exposure to senior leaders, fellow graduates and a diverse range of clients, and help you find where you fit best, so you can succeed in your career.
What you can expect
Regardless of which degree discipline you have come from, we will help you build the knowledge to succeed in our Commercial Bank. With the help of senior leaders and peers, you will develop a range of skills, while building on the ones that set you apart from the competition. As our Commercial Bank operates in more than 50 countries and territories, you will have the opportunity to build an international network and collaborate with clients in both developed and developing markets, helping to make a real difference to the communities where we operate.
What you will do
First, you will be introduced to our business by taking part in an exciting and interactive induction, where you can meet people from across the world and gain an understanding of what HSBC does and how we support our customers. You will then complete three rotations which take place in our Customer, Product and Credit Risk teams.
With plenty of variety, you could be supporting customers to expand their operations or helping them use new technologies to do business with us. With the help of senior leaders and peers, you’ll develop a whole range of skills, while building on the ones that already set you apart from the competition.
Who does this suit?
We are looking for motivated and dedicated people who are:
- Sociable networkers. From clients to colleagues, you can have an active social role, putting our customers at the heart of what you do. You will form trusted relationships, working together to find the right solution for the right client
- Customer Centric. Our clients are at the heart of our Commercial Bank. You will do everything to support them wherever possible, forming lasting relationships that you can leverage to be able to meet customers’ individual objectives
- Diverse thinkers. Bringing fresh ideas to the table will get you noticed in a dynamic and important area of our bank. With your energised, courageous, and proactive attitude, you can identify areas of improvement quickly and find better ways of developing them
- Curious learners. We encourage you to learn and listen as much as you can in order to build relationships based on mutual respect. This will not only help you to understand what we do, but will help you on your way to become an expert in it too
- Team players. You will work alongside leaders and peers across an international network in order to connect businesses with opportunities. So, it is vital you bring a team-orientated attitude to your approach
- Digital problem solvers. The role of a Commercial Bank is changing, becoming much more technology-focused and entrepreneurial. This means we need you to be courageous and proactive when searching for better solutions and making use of the resources we have around us – such as other business areas and new technology
What can this lead to?
When you have completed the programme you could become a Relationship Manager (connecting businesses to opportunities), Credit Manager (analysing and providing both international and domestic lending solutions), a Global Trade and Receivables Finance Business Manager (offering services and finance for buyers and suppliers) or join various support functions within the Commercial Bank. From there you can take advantage of the Commercial Bank’s international presence, with potential to progress your career into more senior roles both locally and across the world.