About the programme
We’ve secured some of the most extraordinary engineering projects throughout the UK. You’ll continue our ongoing success by providing commercial support to elements of multi-million-pound bids and existing contracts, and through working with our business development teams to identify new opportunities within Babcock.
Our Group Commercial Graduate Programme is a two-year programme focused on developing the next generation of commercial professionals. The programme typically comprises of four placements across the business lasting six months – this could mean working in our Aviation, Land, Marine and Nuclear sectors across the UK.
You will work in an environment that brings out your best. You’ll gain real-world experience working alongside our commercial teams and have a key part to play in shaping the future of our business. The placements that you undertake will support your growth and you’ll get all the training, learning and support you need to accelerate your career.
We will also support you gain chartered status as a member of the World Commerce and Contracting (WCC) Association
Commercial at Babcock
Your placements could take you to any part of our business, so you’ll need to be UK mobile for this rotational programme. To support you in developing your knowledge and experience across the entire commercial lifecycle, you might be leading elements of bids managing commercial contracts (including legal aspects), overseeing governance and compliance activities, or spotting new opportunities alongside our business development teams.
As well as developing your technical skills, the programme will support you in the development of essential behavioural skills to allow you to develop collaborative relationships with our customers, partners and other key internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll need
- A (Hons) degree
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you'll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
- Minimum 25 days holiday entitlements + bank holidays + agile working* subject to conversation with your manager
- Generous pension and employee share schemes
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach and volunteering activities, which our graduates find incredibly rewarding in all sorts of other ways.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Graduate Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partner Gen Healthy Minds, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.
Across the UK