Exciting minds with our Commercial graduate programme (Consumer Healthcare)
Education required: You must have or expect to obtain by summer 2021 a degree in any subject
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in English
Start date: July 2021
We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible.
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for graduates to join our Commercial Graduate Programme (Consumer Healthcare)
Do you want to love what you do, work in a competitive high-performing environment and improve people’s lives? If so, then become part of our fast-moving GSK Consumer Healthcare business. Here, you’ll work with household names that are known in more than 100 countries worldwide. You’ll also have the chance to explore new products, launch innovations quickly – and further our brands using real consumer insight.
We offer you the chance to pursue a career with purpose where you can develop quickly and explore your leadership potential through a rich variety of training, mentoring and on-the-job experience.
GSK Consumer Healthcare is a dynamic business area that creates opportunity for GSK to explore new products and markets. It’s an exciting place to work as we move quickly to launch meaningful innovations and activate our brands based on real consumer insight and need.
Develop your career
With this two-year programme, you’ll spend a year in sales and a year in marketing with the possibility of experiencing another area of the business, such as supply chain or category management.
In a sales rotation, expect to work in a customer-facing role where you’ll build relationships and strive for targets. This will give you first-hand experience of how our consumers engage with our products. You’ll learn about areas including product merchandising, customer education, new product launches, sales planning, forecasting and stock planning.
In a marketing rotation, you could work in areas such as shopper marketing and brand/category management. You’ll learn about our brands, gather insights into our consumer and buyer preferences and understand which factors influence our overall sales. You‘ll also have the opportunity to work on media campaigns, brand activations and product launches while learning how we analyse brand performance and optimise consumer engagement. It’s all about using your analytical skills, working cross-functionally and understanding customers.
In addition to sales and marketing, you could also experience areas such as supply chain and commercial excellence (shopper and category). This will give you a good grounding in the day-to-day operations of the commercial organisation.
Throughout the programme, you’ll have access to senior managers and mentors, who will guide you and help you achieve your career objectives. You’ll also be part of a diverse, welcoming global network of graduates who are sharing the same daily experiences as you but in different parts of the world.
What will you do?
- With our training and support you‘ll gain in-depth insights into the GSK Consumer Healthcare commercial business
- Manage projects, prioritise tasks and build relationships with people at all levels of the organisation and with our customers.
- Learn how to drive sales growth
- Learn how to market leading brands to national, regional and global audiences
- Undertake leadership training that will equip you to become a leader of the future and inspire action through influencing and negotiating.
- Learn how to seize opportunities and develop them through gathering insights and strategic planning.
- Learn how to adapt in a fast-paced, high-energy industry.
- Gain invaluable networking opportunities, both with senior GSK leaders and with your peers.
Tailored training – and great career progression
We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for a successful career. After you complete the Programme, you’ll have the skills to become a leader of the future. There’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- learning how to market leading brands to national, regional and global audiences on a tailored development programme
- gaining in-depth insights into our Consumer Healthcare Commercial business
- learning how to manage projects and prioritise tasks
- building relationships with people at all levels within GSK and externally to ensure all our initiatives have the consumer and customer at the heart of everything we do
- learning how to deliver excellence in sales execution
- training to be a leader who inspires through building meaningful relationships, influence and negotiation
- learning how to adapt in a fast-paced industry
- developing your network across the business, including senior leaders and peers, through networking opportunities
- A proactive, enthusiastic approach to work
- An analytical mind
- A talent for multi-tasking
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- The ability to adapt to change and stay focused when the pressure is on
- Strong interpersonal skills – the ability to connect people and ideas to deliver value to the business
- Commercial awareness – a genuine interest in sales and marketing
Our Future Leaders Programme is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant experience in the area to which they’re applying. Of course, many graduates who join the programme have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already worked in a professional role in your sector, you’re welcome to apply, but you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses.
- A salary of £30,000
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programmes, pension plan membership, savings programmes, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programmes, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programmes
We’ll close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible. You’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it’s the right thing to do.
Need help with your application?
We’ll make all reasonable modifications to support you throughout the recruitment process and we’ll treat all information you give us in confidence. Please get in touch to help us process your application as soon as possible.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!